Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Roots n Culture Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Saxon & Luv Injection

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2015 at 8:42am
Lots of people saying Saxon borrow heap of powersoft,but injection still mash them up,can any one confirm how many stacks etc each sound have
TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM
fat_brstd View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fat_brstd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2015 at 11:29am
I heard Saxon get lock off, need some info on the result, surely someone reached the session
Adrians Wall Sound System
Melbournes Rootical Warrior
Roots - Dub - Steppers

facebook page
bee View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2015 at 11:38am
no one got locked off, phoned a friend who was there, he left 15 mins from end....

a lot of people left early, as it was very disappointing, (so im told)....
https://www.elements-audio.com
WORD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WORD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2015 at 2:24pm
Just my opinion.
I started to write some info on the dance then thought sod this, all i will say is Luv Injection played a custom special saying Saxon should bring back Trevor Sax as Alan Brando was not up to the job and i must say that dub was correct. Saxon must have a bag of dubs with Trevor Sax's name that they wont or cant play.
Alan Brando's  style of juggling brings me back to to the dark days of sound system clash's in the mid to late 80's when mc's would bring out the worst in each other, yes a clash is a clash however no order was set and all i could see is Brando trying to draw out Billy in an all out slanging match.Censored
I wanted to hear tune fe tune, one fe one, dub fe dub.

If some fool decides to put on a pt2 in Birmingham i will be the first to say i am not interested.Thumbs Down

Big up Luv Injection nice sound check when you dropped Prophecy i think Jah Tubby's and King Earthquake would have been impressed, Clapyou came into Saxon back yard and held your own and i was not surprised by the amount of boo's Saxon got near the end of the dance. Got a call from a friend who said he was reading some chat on the internet with nuff people saying Saxon won........................

Entertainment should be a form of Enjoyment
chamron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chamron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2015 at 3:45pm
First of all I would like to big up Mathew from Saxon sound for making the machine sound the best I have heard it in years. (Who ever boxes you used must have been impressed as I have seen that sound out before and never heard them that heavy)

The dance to me was wicked now that I have had a sleep and time to reflect a bit slow at some points but luv injection has now got to be crowned UK number 1. Big up family, they total teach and beat Saxon

Luv injection light the fire in the early round when Zookie said that Luv injection was all there’s. Then Saxon and Alan Brando (Skip) play there anthems got a few forwards but after that it was all luv injection.  Mini muscle or Mickey bops seems to have learned nothing from Trevor Sax and should stick to playing local sounds for now.

The place was packed full and both sets cover it well but sorry luv injection took that one as well.

Sound System for Life...
wiz247 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wiz247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2015 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by WORD WORD wrote:

Just my opinion.
I started to write some info on the dance then thought sod this, all i will say is Luv Injection played a custom special saying Saxon should bring back Trevor Sax as Alan Brando was not up to the job and i must say that dub was correct. Saxon must have a bag of dubs with Trevor Sax's name that they wont or cant play.
Alan Brando's  style of juggling brings me back to to the dark days of sound system clash's in the mid to late 80's when mc's would bring out the worst in each other, yes a clash is a clash however no order was set and all i could see is Brando trying to draw out Billy in an all out slanging match.Censored
I wanted to hear tune fe tune, one fe one, dub fe dub.

If some fool decides to put on a pt2 in Birmingham i will be the first to say i am not interested.Thumbs Down

Big up Luv Injection nice sound check when you dropped Prophecy i think Jah Tubby's and King Earthquake would have been impressed, Clapyou came into Saxon back yard and held your own and i was not surprised by the amount of boo's Saxon got near the end of the dance. Got a call from a friend who said he was reading some chat on the internet with nuff people saying Saxon won........................

This is the f**king truth!! 

Edited by wiz247 - 19 September 2015 at 6:00pm
RiddimKid View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RiddimKid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2015 at 6:32pm
Saxon got beat up in everyway!!!

From they borrow a next man sound system they lose! They try put their old crusty set at the back to try style it out lol

Luv Injection's sound is ridculous. 24 scoops tore down that venue wid ease even when half the sound bruck down after the power cut

That prophecy bassline is still haunting me now lol
RealitySound View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RealitySound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2015 at 8:36pm
When you gonna send me some $$ mate ?
dashaudio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dashaudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2015 at 10:23pm
Those were brendans boxes that saxon used mikies wattco scoops and powersofts. Luv injectons set was a madness I
was outside when I heard prohicy I ran in to catch that tune bass was crazy

Edited by dashaudio - 19 September 2015 at 10:24pm
wiz247 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wiz247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2015 at 7:53pm
When I arrived there just after 10:00 I couldn’t believe the queue outside the venue, it’s the longest I’ve ever seen for that place, so already dance cork before door open. The wait to get in was over an hour, however people seem to be in good spirits and kept good order. As time went past the hour, some people were huffing, puffing and blowing and was beginning to think somebody might just snap and rush the joint and then all hell will break loose, but it was all good and security done a good job maintaining the line.

Once inside the first thing I did was a slick move and get to the front of the bar for a juice, because I can see a long wait ahead to get served later, so get it out the way so I can hold a space beside one speaker box and see how this event will unfold. *sigh*

On listening, Saxon’s set sounded at its best since a long time, ok they hired or like in “who wants to be a millionaire” phoned a friend for some additional equipment, and got railed for it. Big deal, that’s what your brethren are for…lol!! It was still fundamentally Saxon Sound with them ugly metal trimmed boxes and the amp case flashing like a minicab office sign. I was just happy they had adequate power for that huge place.  Luv Injection, I didn’t expect anything less, their set sounded tight as usual, no stress!!

My 2 cents!

However! As far as I’m concerned, and my opinion only, there were no winners! This dance became a shambolic mess, a missed opportunity to be the dance of the year. It was bought into disrepute by (kid) Brando and a few juveniles in the peanut gallery crying out for war! war! war!  GTFOHWTBS!! If man dem want war, go pick up a f**king gun and go help the people inna Syria eeeediot!!  It became one big sausage fest with man with dem two hand inna them pocket a watch two microphone fiend hollering and cussing down each other, like they running a likkle  sound, pure negativity and bad vibe!! I expect this sh!te from your Mattehorn, Mighty Crown, Fire Links and all that bashment sheggery!

I see Saxon and Luv Injection as big man sound, what go on Friday, needn’t go there. They’ve both been there, done that, wore the T-Shirt, have the cups, trophies, medals, stripes and accolades from the people far and wide over years, it is set in sound-system history hands down!

It’s inevitable these first division sounds will clash, they’re maintaining their reputations, but they are at a stage where they can do it on a better level. Both have music like rain, both have charismatic man in them crew to hold down microphone. Tune fi tune, jokes and banter is the only entertainment that is needed.

Every crew has a right to defend their sound musically, verbally, sonically, but this sole soundbwoy killa mentality is tiresome, killing the dances and keeping the balance of grown women away.

Personally I wouldn’t even entertain a second round, rematch or call it what you will.

levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2015 at 12:45am
"Somebody in here has hired boxes" LOL

Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
championdrei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote championdrei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2015 at 7:48am
What would of made the dance better is if sounds were still doing the mc thing. When tune play, version after. VIBES!. that's what's missing in sound business nowadays that back in the days had. Sound mam on the mic chatting his lyric cussing off the next sound or telling a story. That's what made dances more interesting. Not just man on the mic talking this and that if you understand what I mean.
respect
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>