Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Scoop replacment.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SikaRigsmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2011 at 4:10pm
I dont see any replacement for myself? read my argument and let me know if I have just built 6 scoops for the wrong reasion.

Im building my 6 Scoops for dubstep, jungle, and probabaly last reasion reggae.

Thought having small powerfull HD15 kick bins covering 60-70Hz too 180Hz will give all the crispness while having a real low end power of the scoop (aswell it dam good looks). overall I should be abile to play more frequncys bass louder and still have a total crisp sound over 70hz?

a stack of my HD15 kick bins alone should be abile to play trance, uk hiphop alone and other stuff thats likey to go on my sound. the scoop for me is just the 30Hz iceing on the cake. also the bandwidth of it should mean all my capacitor and PSU power will be making what to me is a vital 30-70hz with gain so big amp full power low bass, then big amp full power high bass (more effecent use of driver and amp).

I could have easly built moden horns, but most moden horns with execption of lab horn if you ask me from my analyze at the time of deciding to build are more for trance style music. things that can play the very low notes in bass guitar etc would benift more from scoop.

I was using reflex before but no gain so my desison to use scoops was made.

Would have built hogs but I cant fit 6 in my van and I wanted to see more feedback about labhorns which again are too big for van
YoungBlood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YoungBlood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2011 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by tweeter box tweeter box wrote:

Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

Originally posted by The Builder The Builder wrote:

Does any, "sound" run without scoops?

King Earthquake uses 21" Rog Mogale designed front-loaded horns:

the arent 21" loaded Wink

they were built & designed by Rog & Shortman together when they used to be part of the same company Wink

thought Rog said he never worked with shortman or ever went into his workshop
"chyll wynstan.."
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2011 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by YoungBlood YoungBlood wrote:

To be honest, every time this sort of thing has come up in the past it's ended up in bickering and far too much nudge nudge wink wink sly digs from people. The only two guys who could say for absolute certain what happened don't live in the country, and from what I've heard one is in hiding and the other is buried under a pile of research and design work so will just go round and round in circles again if it's discussed.

The thread is already a little hostile without retreading this old ground for no conclusion, wish I'd not mentioned the name now.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YoungBlood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2011 at 5:01pm

To be honest, every time this sort of thing has come up in the past it's ended up in bickering and far too much nudge nudge wink wink sly digs from people. The only two guys who could say for absolute certain what happened don't live in the country, and from what I've heard one is in hiding and the other is buried under a pile of research and design work so will just go round and round in circles again if it's discussed.

The thread is already a little hostile without retreading this old ground for no conclusion, wish I'd not mentioned the name now.

somebody tell me them already see picture with Rog, pascal, shortman all in shortman workshop so we can leave it there

back to topic just chat to lev and him say wsx is almost as good as scoop but throw too far for inside
"chyll wynstan.."
The Builder View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Builder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2011 at 5:08pm

No Toasty, THANK YOU for doing it. It shows the instant hostility available to anybody questioning...

As I'm not a soundman I'll respectfully back off now.
Thank you to those who saw the post to add their views impartially,

Edited by The Builder - 09 January 2011 at 5:09pm
It just is.
luton_soundman View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2011 at 6:57pm
Its a forum and everybody has the right to post an say there bit. I think alot of sounds would be pleasantly suprised by trying something other than a scoop. I dont feel everybody should change, but do not see any harm if some decided to use different boxes. It's a good topic of discussion and nobody should feel like they can't say their bit. No need to 'attack' someone if you do not agree with his/her post, simple give your points why you disagree etc. 
Sound Hire/Sales new/used equipment.
Gee136 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gee136 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2011 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by luton_soundman luton_soundman wrote:

Its a forum and everybody has the right to post an say there bit. I think alot of sounds would be pleasantly suprised by trying something other than a scoop. I dont feel everybody should change, but do not see any harm if some decided to use different boxes. It's a good topic of discussion and nobody should feel like they can't say their bit. No need to 'attack' someone if you do not agree with his/her post, simple give your points why you disagree etc. 

+ 1

Come on guys it's a forum, we're all welcome here ain't we?? 3 speech & all that......... Confused

Goverment Sound (weight & treble roots machine)

When Goverment ah play, infidels, ginals & masqueraders run away.....
Nick Sasquash View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Sasquash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2011 at 7:38pm
+1 Luton.....

its good to reason & thats what we must do reason... i have been enjoying the upsurge in positive chat in scoop & other sections.... 
Builder - dont bow out the thread if ya feel ya have sumut to contribute please keep talkin - its what makes this place special.
Young Blood - I know ya have now & previously posted nuff interesting things pon sp & because people are people & others have 'interests' lead you to differences with some, but dont give them anymore fire mate coz ya have nuff to give here... I aint saying jus agree wid them but ya can be a militant wind up merchant Embarrassed (Lev style wink... Mmmmm)

Bass & Love

Tweets Re: Earthquakes horn's.... yep dem 21" beasts!
https://operationsoundsystemrecords.bandcamp.com/

https://www.facebook.com/OperationSoundSystem/

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YoungBlood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2011 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by Nick Sasquash Nick Sasquash wrote:

Young Blood - I know ya have now & previously posted nuff interesting things pon sp & because people are people & others have 'interests' lead you to differences with some, but dont give them anymore fire mate coz ya have nuff to give here... I aint saying jus agree wid them but ya can be a militant wind up merchant Embarrassed

respects nick

trus them nah go do me like them do levyte him spen day night help people on here then him get ban  that not happening to me.. LOL

if you think I militant you want hear how some roots man chat bout the foolishness on SP even before this thread come up. they run sound and do carnival for years and make good living and some man who they never hear of and dont go session chat bout scoop need replace LOL

Edited by YoungBlood - 09 January 2011 at 11:19pm
"chyll wynstan.."
tweeter box View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tweeter box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2011 at 11:58am

all this is quite easily cleared up by the picture in the show of your system thread, pic shows earthqakes boxes being built and has shortman and rog standing side by side Smile
hi grade View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hi grade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2011 at 12:35pm
what do we need to improve about the top 5 scoops and what type of music would be played ? live music or recorded ? 2 way bass or 1 way ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YoungBlood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2011 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by tweeter box tweeter box wrote:

all this is quite easily cleared up by the picture in the show of your system thread, pic shows earthqakes boxes being built and has shortman and rog standing side by side Smile

think picture just show rog and pascal even though him say is not him
funny cause nuff sound man in south london see rog inna shortman workshop from long timeLOL

Originally posted by hi grade hi grade wrote:

what do we need to improve about the top 5 scoops and what type of music would be played ? live music or recorded ? 2 way bass or 1 way ?

overall ASS is no 1 scoop so why it need improve if everybody else just catch up?
no scoop is perfect but which other 18" can match output an low notes box for box
4x 18" ass stand up to earthquake 4x 24" horn cab easy so what that tell you?

Edited by YoungBlood - 10 January 2011 at 1:15pm
"chyll wynstan.."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>