Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Setting up AVC2s & multiband compression

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2017 at 11:44am
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2017 at 11:53am
looks like sabine don't make those units any more. ClearOne website just lists two feedback eliminator models under the Sabine brand.
MattStolton View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattStolton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2017 at 11:56am
Sabine as it was is long gone. They started fecking about with digital radio mics, which caused them to move from core good stuff.

Sabine name was bought by the far east.....

Ebay? I picked up my PowerQ from there, similar but different
Matt Stolton - Technical Director (!!!) - Wilding Sound Ltd
"Sparkius metiretur vestra" - "Meter Your Mains"
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2017 at 12:34pm
We've got two PowerQ somewhere on the shelf, wish we had the AES cards for them and one has a slightly wonky screen but they're nice bits of kit - when you know how to use them and avoid the auto filtering going absolutely bonkers!
tv00 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2017 at 1:55pm
But I don't think I need any real-time surveilance by cams or mics, it's much simpler, almost happens by itself: As the night moves forward the dj pushes the soundsystem more, so any conventional dynamic eqq should be able to do that, simply by putting an eq on let's say 4khz with a broad curve and a threshold matching the level were it becomes too much.

My question from the beginning is what the avc actually does when set to a- weighted curve: does it sense a-weighted or spit out a-weighted, if it is the last, then it's perfect:-)
Otherwise I'll consider different dsp-presets or perhaps a crossfader between input a/b & c/d, but this solution means that one of the input pair would have a lot of eq, by having different presets I can adjust the output gains instead...
www.facebook.com/babysoundsystem
4D View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2017 at 3:00pm

If you have someone on site who can reliably operate a switch selecting different presets then a jellyfish sw9010 & a Bss Soundweb 9088ii is probably the most flexible and more affordable option that will provide secure control

Alternatively one of the Bss London Blu series will allow automatically switched presets to be assigned to different times of the day reducing the chance of operator error  
DMZ. "The bass was intense. Girls were literally running up to stand next to the subs"
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2017 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by tv00 tv00 wrote:

But I don't think I need any real-time surveilance by cams or mics, it's much simpler, almost happens by itself: As the night moves forward the dj pushes the soundsystem more, so any conventional dynamic eqq should be able to do that, simply by putting an eq on let's say 4khz with a broad curve and a threshold matching the level were it becomes too much.

My question from the beginning is what the avc actually does when set to a- weighted curve: does it sense a-weighted or spit out a-weighted, if it is the last, then it's perfect:-)
Otherwise I'll consider different dsp-presets or perhaps a crossfader between input a/b & c/d, but this solution means that one of the input pair would have a lot of eq, by having different presets I can adjust the output gains instead...

I think the AVC2 senses a-weighted - so it is less sensitive to bass. and then does uniform gain reduction when triggered.
tv00 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2017 at 5:55pm
Thanks for that answer, after all it's the first question, if it does I need nothing else, yet you "think", I wrote an e-mail to Ian there actually, sometimes it takes a while to get a reply
King George View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King George Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2017 at 8:32pm
I've never done it, but some sort of thermistor input into a Soundweb?

Selects an approximate audience size preset as the room temperature increases...
tv00 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2017 at 8:37pm
Well, it's all more simple, the dj turns up the output when it's filling up, then it needs to gain less on highmid than the rest...
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2017 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by tv00 tv00 wrote:

Well, it's all more simple, the dj turns up the output when it's filling up, then it needs to gain less on highmid than the rest...

So easy to do with a Soundweb and VERY hard to achieve without, literally a couple of wires and Pot on the control port of a Soundweb would let you smoothly move from "empty" setting to"full settings...

The more stuff I do, the more I realise there is only Soundweb and the rest is SO limited....
tv00 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2017 at 12:16am
No need for complex solutions to simple problems!
There's no need for any mics, thermometers, extra buttons etc.

An avc turning down a-weighted would be perfect, next best is just a dynamic eq, more dsp setting might be better acoustiacally, but not as simple as noting for the dj to do but turn up & don't worry
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>