Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Shortman's Mini Scoop Design (Heavyweight Line)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shortman's Mini Scoop Design (Heavyweight Line)

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>
Author
Message
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc


Joined: 03 July 2006
Status: Offline
Points: 6453
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shortman's Mini Scoop Design (Heavyweight Line)
    Posted: 17 December 2006 at 7:33pm
Shortman's Mini Scoop design bass boxes.
 
35''   high
30''   deep
23''   wide
 
Same width & depth as his normal scoops.
 
If you like heavy deep bass line especially for roots reggae music, check these out.
 
A stack of 4 is thunderours.
 
What you think ?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


Edited by Tekasis - 21 January 2007 at 10:42am
Back to Top
Rog View Drop Down
New Member
New Member

Rogers Archive Posts

Joined: 23 March 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 2148
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2006 at 7:41pm

Looks great.

When are you going to post the plan then.
 
If your not, then you know what you have to do.
Back to Top
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc
Avatar

Joined: 18 August 2005
Location: UK/Indonesia
Status: Offline
Points: 9672
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2006 at 12:14am
tekasis!  can you explain why they would be heavier and deeper in sound please?
 
because from my knowledge chopping a scoop in half would do the opposite
Back to Top
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc


Joined: 03 July 2006
Status: Offline
Points: 6453
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2006 at 8:19am

Originally posted by Rog Mogale Rog Mogale wrote:


Looks great.

When are you going to post the plan then.
 
If your not, then you know what you have to do.

I ain't got no plans Rog.

 
Originally posted by mykey mykey wrote:

tekasis!  can you explain why they would be heavier and deeper in sound please?
 
because from my knowledge chopping a scoop in half would do the opposite

 

I can't explain Mykey as I don't actually build them, but from what I've seen over the years, this cab or any short scoop that anyone makes is not really chopped in half is it ?

It's just the a bottom section been shortened by about a foot or in some case a foot & a half.

No direspect to your knowledge on scoops, but it may be out of date now, things have changed. Further more you don't even like scoops & you don't like PD1850s, so how can you comment on something that you've never heard ?
 
Since you built them sounds a long time ago which you always talk about, they don't even sound as good as the sound systems around nowadays. Maybe at the time you thought they did.
 
I'm the type of person who don't rely on computer specs to see if a cab would work, I rather listen to it, & if it does the job, so be it.
PS: I don't know what's happened to Jah Youth's sound system as we don't hear bout them any more, but Logic system isn't around no more, a mate of ours as some of their boxes & equipment.
 
Must admit though there boxes still do sound good loaded with the Volt drivers, which I heard inside a venue this summer.
 
Back to Top
biotec View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc


Joined: 07 June 2004
Location: United Kingdom
Status: Offline
Points: 2894
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biotec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2006 at 8:34am
unsound system have still got some of mykeys scoops, they're temporarily installed in the redstar club in camberwell.
Back to Top
Rog View Drop Down
New Member
New Member

Rogers Archive Posts

Joined: 23 March 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 2148
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2006 at 8:44am
This is funny is this.
 
What is it about scoops and arguing.
 
Think scoops should be re categorised under offesive weapons. Ha, you can't kill anyone by playing them, but you can when you talk about them.
 
 
Back to Top
Static Age View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc
Avatar

Joined: 14 November 2005
Location: Oxfordshire
Status: Offline
Points: 1649
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Static Age Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2006 at 8:52am
i have to agree Rog. it seems like most of the sounds that use the scoops are trying to spread a positive message but when it comes down to who's scoops are made by who and who's are best things can get quite heated.
 
 
Back to Top
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc


Joined: 03 July 2006
Status: Offline
Points: 6453
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2006 at 9:27am
Originally posted by Rog Mogale Rog Mogale wrote:

This is funny is this.
 
What is it about scoops and arguing.
 
Think scoops should be re categorised under offesive weapons. Ha, you can't kill anyone by playing them, but you can when you talk about them.
 
 
 
Why do you think we're arguing Roger ?
 
This ain't no argument, this is just how we get our point across
 
Their ain't no argument going on here. If any of you call this arguing, I think you must be either hot or guilty of something.
 
It's just the other day some of you experts got interested in reggae music anyway, most of you don't even like reggae music. (that may sound like an argument, but it ain't)
 
You can't mix PA system with Sound System which play reggae music.
Reggae music likes to be played with a deep bass line, but as soon as we start our own discussion, man & man just jumps on it to stamp it down, why is that ?
 
I hope it ain't because shortman's name is mention again.
 
Everywhere I turn, the TV, the media, the internet etc... people are dissing & fighting down the way we talk, our music, the way we dress, what is it all about ?
 
Now we got our thread for scoops, let us talk in it the way we want to, I don't want to argue, I may sound a bit abrubt sometimes. but that's just the way I talk. I always tell people don't take it personal, don't feel no way or no disrespect, then I say what I want to say.
 
You see any problem with that ?
 
I realize some of the people on here start to run down peoples work & they've never even heard it.
 
I put a picture of a mid tops box I saw the other day, someone is cussing it already, but they never heard it, I then find out it's an ASS box. Imagine a newbie see that & think the box is sh*te, not knowing the box would sound good.
 
That's why I only listen to some of the members on here, because some of them think the know's it all bout sound.
 
I learn't a lot of info from the replies on my questions on compression drivers, why can't this one be the same ?
 
I'd be grateful Let me know.
 
Hope you Realize, some of the members said they were glad that scoops got their own section so they don't read about it in other threads, I hope it stays like that, then we wont have to read their cheeky running down comments.
 
 
Peace out.
Back to Top
hikk View Drop Down
Registered User
Registered User
Avatar

Joined: 05 February 2006
Location: Germany
Status: Offline
Points: 423
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hikk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2006 at 10:26am
Originally posted by Tekasis Tekasis wrote:

Everywhere I turn, the TV, the media, the internet etc... people are dissing & fighting down the way we talk, our music, the way we dress, what is it all about ?
Who is WE ? who is OUR? again WE???? please whats this all about.....
 
To argue isnt always bad!Presenting ones oppinion in opposition to someone elses oppinion is PRESENTING ARGUMENT/S...... I think what some are reffering to is the way in which you present your arguments....
 
 
anyhow whos this WE THING?
Back to Top
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc


Joined: 03 July 2006
Status: Offline
Points: 6453
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2006 at 11:48am
Originally posted by hikk hikk wrote:

Originally posted by Tekasis Tekasis wrote:

Everywhere I turn, the TV, the media, the internet etc... people are dissing & fighting down the way we talk, our music, the way we dress, what is it all about ?
Who is WE ? who is OUR? again WE???? please whats this all about.....
 
To argue isnt always bad!Presenting ones oppinion in opposition to someone elses oppinion is PRESENTING ARGUMENT/S...... I think what some are reffering to is the way in which you present your arguments....
 
 
anyhow whos this WE THING?
 
When I say we, I'm dealing with the people who love reggae music & real ghetto sound system.
 
The other day I was listening to LBC one evening, the presenter 'Ian Lea' decided to talk about music, his opening words were "I hate reggae music, I think it's rubbish" I couldn't believe it, on national radio. That's where you heard some proper arguments, even from his own race, they cussed him hard.
 
I'm a telecoms contrator who works around the world,, everywhere I go I hear the same thing, even in my workplace in UK.
 
I don't really like to argue with anyone, but if someone gets a bit lemon (renk) I'll defend talk/myself.
 
I don't present arguments Hikk, if anything, from what I've seen on here over the past few months, I've noticed you love an argument & like to stir things up.
 
Others like to go on like they know everything about every single cab that exists. it don't work like that.
 
You were the first person on here whoever give me any cheeky out-of- order reply.
 
The way I see it, who like trance, house, punk, pop etc...they love high punchy loud bass, who likes roots dub reggae music loves deep round sub bass. So we can't be saying one type of box is better that another.
 
Back to Top
hikk View Drop Down
Registered User
Registered User
Avatar

Joined: 05 February 2006
Location: Germany
Status: Offline
Points: 423
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hikk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2006 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by Tekasis Tekasis wrote:

 
When I say we, I'm dealing with the people who love reggae music & real ghetto sound system.\
 
WELL i play live eat and breath reggae 24/7 have a sound and in my oppinion its a ghetto sound as far as that can living in europe.I mean you have them that are bought READY MADE like they dont even know what drivers they have wont play with you unless you have a big hat and smoke the right herb so no unity within the WE .Same way you present the SCOOP thing of yours.
I certainly dont feal part of your we!With respect.
 
Someone made a remark about they are all roots untill scoops get brought into it !!! Well they are correct but it doesnt stop there .....They of all people should know better ..............................................
 
I don't present arguments Hikk, if anything, from what I've seen on here over the past few months, I've noticed you love an argument & like to stir things up.
 
Sorry again i think you do like everyone else .. BUt then im being argumentative according to the way you sight things.
 
 
You were the first person on here whoever give me any cheeky out-of- order reply.
 
 Did I what was that then ? Well i am ,like yourself ,who i am !Was what you have just said or not!
Bet you wont/cannot answer that? If you do quote yourself as well so we may analise what actually was said .....
If its point the finger time you do post some bullsh*t well most of the time i cannot work out if your stupid or PLAYING TOM DRUNK ...This may sound disrespectfull ????? It is a genuin thought that i have......You say your an engineer ? or do you just hold the TOOLS ?
 
 
 
Whats wrong with having an oppinion about another sort of music ? I mean i think some music sorts/ types are  absolute SHI>T... No matter how hard i try it remains BOLLACKS ...... Alot of rock falls like that with me ........[not all by far]....... But voicing that its, ok i think, i would draw the line at holding that type or person down ...ME never !  eg i buy/download alot for my daughter who likes the sort i actually really dislike also have played a few times at rock concerts yes reggae ......I mean i would help someone get where they think they should be sometimes against my better judgement!
Ok because you like reggae it you will hear it when said about reggae but its also said about other music .Maybe even yourself!
I have been all around the world aswell ever since i was born my whole life and its not just reggae...........................
 
Like yourself I AM JUST BEING ME !!


Edited by hikk - 18 December 2006 at 1:01pm
Back to Top
soundsystemdan View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc
Avatar

Joined: 04 April 2005
Location: Leeds UK
Status: Offline
Points: 713
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soundsystemdan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2006 at 12:55pm
Hikk, am I right in thinking that English is not your first language?

 perhaps a re phrase is in order

instead of 'x' music or 'x' speaker is sh*t,
try saying I don't like 'x' music or 'x' speaker.
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.01
Copyright ©2001-2014 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.359 seconds.