Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

-Show off your FOH-

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: -Show off your FOH-
    Posted: 20 January 2012 at 3:58pm
Browsed through five pages of this section of forum and didn't find thread like this so thought I'd make one. (I do remember seeing thread like this though)

Own (hobby)

SM12 Monitor console in wrong place, waiting for the right K3 to come up to go with the SM12
DBX, K&T, LA Audio, Lexicon & Berry rack stuff. There is also WZ 16:2 lurking on top of the rack. SM12 has a bit slow workflow for FOH work, but it surely can do it.

Work

Edited by pfly - 21 January 2012 at 12:24am
Father-Francis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2012 at 4:12pm
Clap nice looking good
Music is the strongest form of magic.(+45 31879997)blakmanpro@gmail.com, foa@sweetboxaudio.dk
burningbush View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burningbush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2012 at 4:23pm
mmm, K3 would be heavenly...
music is the message
pfly View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2012 at 4:40pm
SM12 is monitor console built into same frame as K3 with almost same EQ and same preamp. They'd make quite nice pair for average live gigs.
BTW we paid 700 euros for fully working SM12 with case, PSU and new ribbon cabling. Nice.

Edited by pfly - 20 January 2012 at 11:25pm
friendcalledfred View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote friendcalledfred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2012 at 5:08pm
Nice Cadac! Using in a theatre venue?
phildat View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phildat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2012 at 10:07pm
My mate tom is one of the sound engineers for the prodigy.will see what pics he can give me to share..
Its just a ride.
pfly View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2012 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by friendcalledfred friendcalledfred wrote:

Nice Cadac! Using in a theatre venue?

Helsinki City Theatre. More I use that thing the more I love it, also the more I do mainteinance on it, the more I love it, oddly LOL

Some gear listing for gearsluts:

Cadac J mk2 three frame system currently loaded with 59 programmable dual preamp mono input modules, 20 stereo input modules,
20 motor input faders, fully programmable 16x32 digitally controlled analogue matrix, 15 DCA (VCA) faders out of which 6 are with motors.
10 mono auxes, 1 stereo aux. Four PSUs, two Seance interfaces, two SAM computers.

Effect playback is done with Stage Reseach SFX software running redundantly in paraller on two computers with four RME Fireface 800s.
Cadac triggers effects via MIDI. There are 8 stereo channels reserved in the console for SFX.

Band reverb and master bus (multiband) compressing is handled by two TC M5000 that also are controlled by Cadac via MIDI.

For bands we also have 2 DBX 160SL, Tubetech LCA 2B and Drawmer 1960.

Vocal reverbs, delays and (again multiband) bus compressing are done with TC M6000, also controlled by Cadac.
M6000 AD/the is handled by RME ADI-8 QS.

Additional vocal inserts are SPL De-esser, XTA D2, two Drawmer De-essers and two Empirical Labs Lil'Freqs. Vocal bus delaying (positioning on the stage)
is done with three XTA DP224s, controlled by Cadac.

We also have TC D-Two, TC Fireworx, TC 2290, Eventide H3000 and two DBX 120's ready for use if required, controlled by Cadac where possible.

Few years ago we ran out of input channels in the console, so we expanded it with API 8200 line mixers and two API 3124mb+ quad mic preamps.

System processing is done with six Meyer Galileos controlled by Meyer Compass software. Main part of system comprises of
18 Meyer CQ-1's and four 700-HP's. There are some 60 speakers installed in the space.

Subs are AUX-fed in three groups, Stage back, Proscenium and under seating. DBX subharmonizers, if in use, are usually also fed from auxes,
patched back to the console and then driven through auxes to subs.

All the digital gear with WC in is clocked by Anteloop Audio world clock.

*phew*
Needless to say, I consider myself quite lucky. The sound designers know their stuff, there are some nice big musicals and some proper quality
drama stuff going on that stage. With that gear, insane talent and experience in the sound team and nice acoustics it is pure heaven most of the time.

Edited by pfly - 22 January 2012 at 10:45pm
DrDantastic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrDantastic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2012 at 11:08pm
Wow, lovely gear! I've only been able to use a Cadac once and it was a joy to use. I envy you!
AUDIO HABIT View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AUDIO HABIT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2012 at 11:36pm
...thanks for posting...looks fantastic
https://www.facebook.com/fxstageproductions
SamV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2012 at 8:54am
Very nice. I have only used a J series once and was a bit taken back by the sheer feel of the thing. It just feels proper. Incidentally every theatre Ive been to uses Cadac desks and usually J at that.

It's like an unspoken rule. Are they the best regarded desks on the market?
trance addict View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trance addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2012 at 9:08am
the cadac sounds great but they are hardcore to maintain LOL
"There are two kinds of fools,

One says-this is old and therefore good.

The other says-this is new and therefore better."

-Bob Katz
THECANDLEMAN View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THECANDLEMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2012 at 10:13pm
Is anyone gonna post any if the real life desks or foh gear they use, not jyst super-hero status stuff ?!?!
Motion Systems - Void Airmotion, Airten & Stasys 218 With Powersoft DSP
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>