Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

-Show off your FOH-

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2012 at 10:33pm
That's what I'm waiting too, no need to be afraid of that dream stuff. As everyone can see, my own gear is much, much more "realistic"
coxy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2012 at 10:45pm
See Cadac desks a lot in the west end.  That or DiGiCo SD7Ts.  Become more popular with certain sound designers now.  Turning up in quite a lot of productions.

Edited by coxy - 22 January 2012 at 10:45pm
THECANDLEMAN View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THECANDLEMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2012 at 10:50am
I'll start, we use a soundcraft GB2 but its not ours, through the project we work with mostly (only bit of kit we share) and finalley this weekend we are going to pick up our own new desk from aberdeen , GL2200 24ch ;-D

Motion Systems - Void Airmotion, Airten & Stasys 218 With Powersoft DSP
Plaguesguitarist View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plaguesguitarist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2012 at 5:35pm
Various combinations but...

or

(more side of house in that instance)

teamed with :

A+H gl4000 or the Gl2200 in the second pic

Often use an o1v96, Promix01, LS9 or M7 as well - without outboard but still use a Sabine.
Why did the lampy cross the road?

To steal MY sharpie.
el chupacabra View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el chupacabra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2012 at 10:18pm
surprised there haven't been more soundcheck saving photos like these? 

friendcalledfred View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote friendcalledfred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2012 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by pfly pfly wrote:

Originally posted by friendcalledfred friendcalledfred wrote:

Nice Cadac! Using in a theatre venue?

Helsinki City Theatre. More I use that thing the more I love it, also the more I do mainteinance on it, the more I love it, oddly LOL

Some gear listing for gearsluts:

Cadac J mk2 three frame system currently loaded with 59 programmable dual preamp mono input modules, 20 stereo input modules,
20 motor input faders, fully programmable 16x32 digitally controlled analogue matrix, 15 DCA (VCA) faders out of which 6 are with motors.
10 mono auxes, 1 stereo aux. Four PSUs, two Seance interfaces, two SAM computers.

Effect playback is done with Stage Reseach SFX software running redundantly in paraller on two computers with four RME Fireface 800s.
Cadac triggers effects via MIDI. There are 8 stereo channels reserved in the console for SFX.

Band reverb and master bus (multiband) compressing is handled by two TC M5000 that also are controlled by Cadac via MIDI.

For bands we also have 2 DBX 160SL, Tubetech LCA 2B and Drawmer 1960.

Vocal reverbs, delays and (again multiband) bus compressing are done with TC M6000, also controlled by Cadac.
M6000 AD/the is handled by RME ADI-8 QS.

Additional vocal inserts are SPL De-esser, XTA D2, two Drawmer De-essers and two Empirical Labs Lil'Freqs. Vocal bus delaying (positioning on the stage)
is done with three XTA DP224s, controlled by Cadac.

We also have TC D-Two, TC Fireworx, TC 2290, Eventide H3000 and two DBX 120's ready for use if required, controlled by Cadac where possible.

Few years ago we ran out of input channels in the console, so we expanded it with API 8200 line mixers and two API 3124mb+ quad mic preamps.

System processing is done with six Meyer Galileos controlled by Meyer Compass software. Main part of system comprises of
18 Meyer CQ-1's and four 700-HP's. There are some 60 speakers installed in the space.

Subs are AUX-fed in three groups, Stage back, Proscenium and under seating. DBX subharmonizers, if in use, are usually also fed from auxes,
patched back to the console and then driven through auxes to subs.

All the digital gear with WC in is clocked by Anteloop Audio world clock.

*phew*
Needless to say, I consider myself quite lucky. The sound designers know their stuff, there are some nice big musicals and some proper quality
drama stuff going on that stage. With that gear, insane talent and experience in the sound team and nice acoustics it is pure heaven most of the time.

A very nice set up. I have recently started working in theatre just love using high end gear such as tube compressors and etc! I recently went to a major theatre hire company they had a cupboard full of J type channel strips. 
doober View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2012 at 8:01pm
I've never taken a picture of my setup. Here are some that others have taken

Desk is an Allen & Heath GL2200-24, rack now contains TC M-one xl, Lexicon MPX100, DBX 166xl, berry multicomp and multigate, 2x BSS Opal graphics (for monitors). The Ultradrive and Ultracurve now reside in a smaller rack. Ultradrive will be replaced when I find a reasonably priced XTA graphic....

This setup does quite well for my use, it will cope with anything from pub gigs to 5/6 band events in 1000 capacity venues and small outdoor stages. I can even lift it all by myself!
Blahblahblah
Bad Man Moriarty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bad Man Moriarty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2012 at 9:18pm
Show of your foh mixing face thread?
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plaguesguitarist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2012 at 1:30pm
usually...

or

To steal MY sharpie.
Smiter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smiter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2012 at 1:49pm

that's Rick Astley on stage that is.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plaguesguitarist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2012 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by Smiter Smiter wrote:

that's Rick Astley on stage that is.

(couldn't resist)

To steal MY sharpie.
Smiter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smiter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2012 at 1:52pm
haha, actually an awesome set! It's proper rock, not a synth in sight!
Also swears a lot and abuses the audience something chronic :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>