Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

<<:::::: Show off your Funktion-One ::::::>>

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6364656667 69>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave FFA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2014 at 8:32am

'It was my first time hearing a big FK1 rig. And to be honest I wasn't that impressed..

I mean, the 'spread' was pretty good. A decent amount of sub and high end but no real definition.
Of course this could've been down to the engineer /dj's redlining like mad!'

Andy - I was at the helm of this system and here's my view -

I can assure you that there was no redlining like mad.. either by me, my team or the djs.

the major issue with the sound design in this tent was the constant battle with the venue acoustic. this big top was 65mx45m and god knows how tall.. during the day the average head count was approx. 2000

reverberation and reflections did not help our quest for definition especially at mid range frequencies.

we refocused the mid high packs on sunday morning and this did have some improvement on Saturdays sound.

however once the evening came and the headline acts performed, up to around 6000  filled the tent and the acoustic settled right down and I have to say the sound we achieved was very good and seriously powerful considering the size of system we put up.  the Wilkinson and andy c sets in my view where excellent and the atmosphere in the tent was electric. all the drum and bass djs played very well produced tracks which was a joy to engineer.

some of the mcs had been working at other events that weekend and bless them could hardly speak because their voices were totalled -

some of the house djs that played on the Saturday did cause difficulties as they insisted on using low res tracks for their whole set :0) - its a shame as house is my thing. the main acts such as MK were great.

on the whole though I'm happy with sound achieved and I look forward to next year as this festival continues to be a joy to work at - all the crew - catering and crowd made it very enjoyable indeed. best wishes dave

andycw View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andycw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2014 at 3:35pm
I was not slating by any means!

Yeah, I was speaking to my brother about how the tent would cause a bit of problem.

And yes, once the tent filled out it sounded much better! First few acts (on Saturday) I was right at the front. Then I stood by the engineer bit and the sound improved 10fold.

Hope I didn't cause any offence and keep up the good work Thumbs Up 
hopefully next year I can get involved with the sound/lighting!

Oh and I loved the sign's!

No Bass No Fun
James Tengo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Tengo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2014 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by andycw andycw wrote:

Is it the angle of the photo or is that ground support at interesting angles?
burningbush View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burningbush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2014 at 4:53pm
Does look like all legs lean out, doesn't it?
music is the message
MessyM2k8 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MessyM2k8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2014 at 4:56pm
Just the picture, they where straight.
Dave FFA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave FFA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2014 at 8:45am
Andy come and see me next year and i'll give you a tour of the kit. We chose not to use the foh position as our multicore was 15m short...+ this ensured I spend my time in the crowd where it matters. those signs where everywhere even back stage - don't sit here, no drinks etc.. these were put up by our lampy friends whom I'm sure do not work at festivals that often or at all -  and another reason not to be positioned at foh.. we were certain at some point they would be attacked by pints of urine - they certainly deserved it as we found them rude and basically a bunch of Drongo's best regards Dave
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2014 at 4:30pm
Can someone with a dealer contract send me a PM. A have a possible club install that want F1 boxes only.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
simo69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simo69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2014 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by MarjanM MarjanM wrote:

Can someone with a dealer contract send me a PM. A have a possible club install that want F1 boxes only.

Give GDS Sound & light a call..
4D View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2014 at 11:19am

DMZ. "The bass was intense. Girls were literally running up to stand next to the subs"
VentureSound View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VentureSound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2014 at 8:05pm
Oh man, I'm so sorry. It looks like someone had tagged the back of your boxes. Cry
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2014 at 8:08pm
active res 2s? are they new to you, or have you had them for a while?
4D View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2014 at 2:58pm
Sorry Cravings missed your post..

R2A came in earlier this year, an old friend needed to move them on, so I sold a shitload of tms4's and my R2 mk1 passives and stumped for these.   At times they can be quite convenient so far they have featured as  booth mons, infills, as stand alone or driving a single 18 as a slave, hi passed at 70hz with a single F218 doing 35-70 , also quite fat is paired up full range with a tse218 doing 35-250.   All in all a useful addition to the team that have almost paid their own wages. It would be nice to get hold of a pair of passives but hey ho a lot of things would be nice ! 

Heres the Tms4 perched on their new home ..:)

Edited by 4D - 09 December 2014 at 2:59pm
DMZ. "The bass was intense. Girls were literally running up to stand next to the subs"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6364656667 69>