Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Show off your home cinema/hifi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dylan-penguinmedia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2014 at 1:51am
Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

Pasi has designed a prototype box for a friend of ours that uses a huge ribbon driver, with dual 6" mids/woofer. Sounds bloody lovely.

You've had a listen too then? Nice aren't they :) I'm after a pair for our office!
AvLee View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AvLee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2014 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by Symzzi Symzzi wrote:

They are Adam S4A monitors, not sure on the ribbon mid/hi components but I assume they are of their own design. They are quad-amped active boxes, never heard a ribbon speaker before these but it is nothing like any other system I've heard, really smooth, no harshness at all (at least at the levels I've been able to turn them up to in my house..) and if you sit in the middle and close your eyes the stereo imaging is crazy. 101% impressed, I'll be keeping these for a long time.

That's interesting! As I was going to purchase the ADAM A7X monitors but then I discovered EVE (no joke), its now the rival company to ADAM, for those that don't know! They used to be as one.

Went for the SC207's.
Cyklist View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyklist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2014 at 9:20am
I got a set of the Adam Compact Mk3 few months back and the sub 10 and now totally convinced on the whole ribbon HF driver upgrading to some bigger Adam s4's
purple monkey dishwasher
Tweeter_Box View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tweeter_Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2014 at 10:13am

oooh yeaah kerchaow! Cool

stereo surround, 1 of these speakers either side (with internal 3way crossover), HD movies from the lappy into 6 series samsund led, denon amp, wii in the green box
Cyklist View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyklist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2014 at 8:17pm

new system, AR SP11 preamp with some CAP upgrades, MC1250, Weiss interface, dac and NS1000.
Best preamp I have ever heard

Edited by Cyklist - 09 December 2014 at 8:18pm
purple monkey dishwasher
jazomir View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazomir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2014 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by Cyklist Cyklist wrote:

<div style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">new system, AR SP11 preamp with some CAP upgrades, MC1250, Weiss interface, dac and NS1000.<div style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">Best preamp I have ever heard

Love those yammies.When I bought my current ARs (30years ago) I had the choice of the ARs, JBL L212s or the NS1000s. It was a close run thing but the yammies would have been a better financial investment - they still fetch very high prices on the s/h market.
For sidefills, can we have two enormous things of a type that might be venerated as Gods by the inhabitants of Easter Island, capable of reaching volumes that would make Beelzebub soil his pants.
bitSmasher View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bitSmasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2015 at 9:46pm
Not mine, but check out this on DIYAudio
8x PD2450 for home use
measured 125db at 20hz!

and pics for those that can't see them:

Teunos View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teunos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2015 at 9:51pm
okay that is just stupid. Praise and like all you want, but there cannot be a single practical use or necessity for that other than showing how large his wallet is.
What is even more stupid is that wood looks like cheap 18mm spruce plywood and the cab to be barely braced.

Edited by Teunos - 13 January 2015 at 9:52pm
Best regards,
Teun.
Adam_Iron_Horse View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam_Iron_Horse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2015 at 11:25pm
Can't wait for the first party and for someone to try out his fancy bench with weird bowl seats
Kryptonik Sound Kollective

www.facebook.com/kryptoniksoundkollective
jazomir View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazomir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2015 at 11:28pm
Hmmm - a bad sounding sauna.  I suppose if you don't understand how such things work that is what you would do - but looks like money overcame common sense in this case. 
For sidefills, can we have two enormous things of a type that might be venerated as Gods by the inhabitants of Easter Island, capable of reaching volumes that would make Beelzebub soil his pants.
dylan-penguinmedia View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dylan-penguinmedia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2015 at 11:37pm
If it's being powered properly, I bet it'd shake itself to bits!
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2015 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by Teunos Teunos wrote:

okay that is just stupid. Praise and like all you want, but there cannot be a single practical use or necessity for that other than showing how large his wallet is.
What is even more stupid is that wood looks like cheap 18mm spruce plywood and the cab to be barely braced.

Well in fairness someone who has the ability to plan and implement that install must have thought about it quite a lot. DIYaudio is hardly where you go to show off what you just bought. If someone can afford it and wants to build it, good luck
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>