Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed-=SHOW OFF YOUR SOUND SYSTEM!!!!=-

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 156157158159160 735>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
centralbeatz View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2008 at 11:34pm
the logic mid tops are on top of the gsubs... those are 2 18''s and 2 double 15's above the 1850, would def be interesting in 1 stack yes, just wanted better distrubution of sound on the night, because the room is oddly shaped and very full.....

Been reading this forum for about a month most weeks, and read a lot about the 1850's, just wanted to have 2 stacks operating this was the ideal way to stack them either side of the dj with in fills on the inside in the form of the smaller double 15 and small mid top.

At 4D you destroyed the venue!! never seen that occur with marks rig at Exodus in Leeds, although it is ridiculous in that room with the iration stacks!! would love to hear what your turbosound / funktion 1 rig is like!
AM55 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2008 at 12:38am
Originally posted by centralbeatz centralbeatz wrote:

never seen that occur with marks rig at Exodus in Leeds

I have seen the Exodus's name kicking around on flyers in leeds for subdub i think, is it original exodus collective style? What music is played when exodus are there? Ive never been to subdub so not sure what its like.
Timebomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2008 at 2:05am

the logic mid tops are on top of the gsubs... those are 2 18''s and 2 double 15's above the 1850, would def be interesting in 1 stack yes, just wanted better distrubution of sound on the night, because the room is oddly shaped and very full.....

Been reading this forum for about a month most weeks, and read a lot about the 1850's, just wanted to have 2 stacks operating this was the ideal way to stack them either side of the dj with in fills on the inside in the form of the smaller double 15 and small mid top.

At 4D you destroyed the venue!! never seen that occur with marks rig at Exodus in Leeds, although it is ridiculous in that room with the iration stacks!! would love to hear what your turbosound / funktion 1 rig is like!

Whats that cab on the top left?  I thought you had a load of makie active?
James Secker          facebook.com/soundgearuk
James@soundgear.co.uk               www.soundgear.co.uk

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2008 at 8:00am
At the top left it's a Cerwin Vega mid top, Very old and rusty but very efficent and loud, with a relatively good sound, worked well with the Logic top suprisingly, I thought it would be a nightmare putting them together.

started about 2 and a half years ago with some Active Mackie bits, even got hired to do front of house sound for pendulum on 6 1530's and 3 1801 subs ha ha ha jokes those were the days.... the Mackies are now slowly going moldy in the lock up and get used for house parties....

Where and when have you seen us with the Mackie stuff Timebomb?
josh View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2008 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by antimute antimute wrote:

never seen that occur with marks rig at Exodus in Leeds

I have seen the Exodus's name kicking around on flyers in leeds for subdub i think, is it original exodus collective style? What music is played when exodus are there? Ive never been to subdub so not sure what its like.

exodus is a dj, simon scott is his name, he plays dubstep drum and bass and jungle.

There is no roof at subdub thats why its never fallen down, its more like a giant tin can

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2008 at 4:04pm
yes josh... also Exodus is the name of the very large dubstep night in Leeds, Si named himself and the night that, pretty good promotional sense really, although causes some confusion.

The roof falling down thing, is just a statement really, not wholeheartedly serious however very impressed with 4d's damage, Infact ever since I saw that pic of his rig have not stopped thinking about getting some 15-20 grand loan out and going down the same road, it really is massively impessive and very nice to look at!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2008 at 4:10pm
Also @ antimute

Sub Dub is a wicked night, all dub reggae in main room, they have skanking competitions, soundclashes, live bands and of course plenty of heavy, bass driven dub through about 5 infinate 8's into what I think is some modiified super scoops with some new 1200watt drivers built in Leeds by an extremely experienced and skillful gentleman, the bass is punishing, and possibly lung collapsing.
Back room is drum and bass and dubstep, and recently the line ups have been top knotch really, Vex'd, Klute and Lynx and the last whilst Twinkle Brothers live dub was in the main room, lurrrvely stuff!!

Course if you want Alternative and Darkside DnB then get down to Mine in tut Uni every 2nd sat for a slice of filth @ Central Beatz

enough promotional bullsh*t....
AM55 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2008 at 4:25pm

Also @ antimute

Sub Dub is a wicked night, all dub reggae in main room, they have skanking competitions, soundclashes, live bands and of course plenty of heavy, bass driven dub through about 5 infinate 8's into what I think is some modiified super scoops with some new 1200watt drivers built in Leeds by an extremely experienced and skillful gentleman, the bass is punishing, and possibly lung collapsing.
Back room is drum and bass and dubstep, and recently the line ups have been top knotch really, Vex'd, Klute and Lynx and the last whilst Twinkle Brothers live dub was in the main room, lurrrvely stuff!!

Course if you want Alternative and Darkside DnB then get down to Mine in tut Uni every 2nd sat for a slice of filth @ Central Beatz

enough promotional bullsh*t....

Im not really into reggae, D&B or dubstep. Do like breakbeat though, which you were playin last time i saw you in the second room to valve ages ago.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2008 at 6:30pm
ha ha then sub dub is not for you

would have been LD50 playing breaks then... We have all come a long way from then, LD doesn't really play breaks anymore, infact is there any big breaks nights left in Leeds?? not really my scene
AM55 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2008 at 6:35pm
Not sure about breaks, maybe a niche to be filled.
Timebomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2008 at 11:23pm
Dont think i have see ya out with ya makie gear, think possably mark soundbyte may have mentiond it.

How much logic have you got then?  Wich tops are they?  I seem to remember seeing some fully horn loaded logic mid tops on the for sale section for a good price recently if there the same ones and your looking for more.
James Secker          facebook.com/soundgearuk
James@soundgear.co.uk               www.soundgear.co.uk
loonie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2008 at 5:37pm
Here's our latest system.

Just waiting on more cash now for our super highs and our RCF's for the Tasco Mammoth bins LOL

A small link up - Shame the other 5 X1's weren't brought Big%20smile.

More to follow...

Edited by loonie - 07 March 2008 at 5:38pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 156157158159160 735>