Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

-=SHOW OFF YOUR SOUND SYSTEM!!!!=-PART 3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 95>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hvedstrup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2017 at 9:59am
Here are some Pictures from our last speaker meetup in Copenhagen. Very different systems attended and some dissapointed while others impressed a lot.

minaximal View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minaximal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2017 at 10:10am
Originally posted by Hvedstrup Hvedstrup wrote:

Here are some Pictures from our last speaker meetup in Copenhagen. Very different systems attended and some dissapointed while others impressed a lot.

Is the Phase plug wonky?

Subs + Barges = :)

www.metaacoustics.com

paulus View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2017 at 10:33am
i saw some FK1 once at plaza show and on the edge of the phase plugs the excess plastic was still there(sprue) had not even been trimmed off !!!!!!!!! and they were on a stand Pinch
TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2017 at 11:04am
looks like a cool session alright.

are we going to hear anyone's thoughts on any of the systems?
slaith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slaith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2017 at 11:19am

Looks like a great session.
Would have been nice to hear some of the systems.

Any thoughts on the different setups?
I'm interested in your thought on the Orbit 4:s
Hvedstrup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hvedstrup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2017 at 11:41am
Originally posted by minaximal minaximal wrote:

Is the Phase plug wonky?

The phase plug was Loose, but fixed right after i took the Picture.
Hvedstrup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hvedstrup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2017 at 11:42am
I will try to a Little review later today.
Hvedstrup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hvedstrup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2017 at 1:26pm

My impressions of the different system (the ones I remember). Remember that the huge empty concrete room makes it very difficult to obtain good sound, and the few people we are doesn’t make any difference.

Mach Slingshot top + I shitload of TT1000 horns with Fane 18B800

The owner only hooked up one Slingshot top because testing his new LAB FP13000 was the main goal. I have heard the subs before and in a stack of 6 they are deadly. The lonely Slingshot impressed me. It sounded like a less refined but more powerful Floodlight and build quality was outstanding. Very nice box.

RCF TTS6-A tops + 3x RCF TTS26-A a side

At 40.000 dkr pr box this active system would set you back 320.000 dkr. Therefore I expected to be blown away but I didn’t. The 2x15" subs where unprecise and boomy. They Didn’t really make much noise for 6x15" pr. side with a shitload of digital power behind them. The tops started to rip my head of when they were pushed and didn’t seem to meet the subs nicely. Maybe it’s the room or operator error but I didn’t like the system.

Homemade systems with Cubo subs

The two homemade systems impressed a lot. The micro system with column speakers and small bandpass subs kicked ass with high SPL and nice sound. This system was on par or better with my Nexo PS 10 and LS500 subs. I sadly didn’t hear the bigger system because I was packing down my own and heading home.

Res 2 + Cubo 15

I was really looking forward to hearing the RES2 and compare to my own Floodlights. The owner plays mainly Psytrance and he started out with some of that. They sounded great and where loud and very precise. A lot of treble but didn’t rip my head off and great for that type of music. The Cubo 15 also impressed loud and punchy. As soon we played money for nothing the system wasn’t as nice and it started to stress my ears. The RES2 where fitted with passive filters and I feel that they could sound even better run 3 way with proper amps and processing. Sadly they were driven by a Ultradrive and cheap crown amps.

Floodlight + TSW-718 (My own system so I’m totally biased)

The room totally ate my TSW-718 and I needed to give them 4db more than my normal preset to balance the system. They were totally underwhelming that night. The Floods always put a smile on my face and they sounded great as they always to. Compared the Slingshot and RES3 they have less power but still enough for most needs. To quote another SP-member they sound like a huge hifi but without the huge presence of the RES2. What you prefer is subjective but I’m not selling my house to afford some Purple boxes.

Edited by Hvedstrup - 10 February 2017 at 1:31pm
Phil B View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2017 at 9:35am
A little install in Melbourne which we had the pleasure of sorting out. A very demanding room, no space for tops with 180 degree projection walls, no rooms for subs in fact everything as tricky as can be. The main thing was to get the PA in line with the stage, the old boxes were 10ft downstage ! We also decided to scrap the analogue mixing station which was taking up badly needed floor space in a tiny bar .

So...

2 x Syntripps courtesy of Art and the collective brain trust over on diyaudio also much help from Finn the owner of the boxes I heard here in Melbourne. I heard them first at Rainbow Serpent Festival here in Aus on the Coco Loco Poco art car ..v.v.v impressed with such a small box ! These ones are loaded with the specc'ed B&C 10CL51 10" and some B&C DE82TN 1.4"s

2 x Keystone subs . Well seeing as we built ourselves ( DiY HiFi ) some we decided to do some more ! Not loaded with the monster B&C 115's but something a bit less likely to get the noise police calling RCF 18LP300's...a v.smooth driver in that box.

All driven through an XAir16 via a DBX driverack onto old EP1500 and Mackie amps. 

Still have to do some tidying up and rig up some remote speakers at the far end of the bar to add a bit of top end " tickle". The crazy roof  helps a lot with reflections but is a nightmare to cable through ! 

But it sounds great and a much needed upgrade ..

.p.

Edited by Phil B - 18 February 2017 at 9:41am
Mostly harmless.... except if catering is shut.

Solar Sound System Shennanigans..http://diyhifi.biz/
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2017 at 11:10am
Very goood Clap
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
concept-10 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2017 at 11:25am
Very nice :)
vertx View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vertx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2017 at 8:57pm
Whats the bar called? I'd love to check it out next time I'm down in Melbourne
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 95>