Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Roots n Culture Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Show us your Pre-Amp

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 85>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jethrocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2007 at 10:22pm

Ciscokid, as far as I know Lincoln is still at it, but he was never fully available and never was sure wether he really wanted business put his way or not.. I don't have current contact details as I'm away, but PM me if you want me to get hold of them.. It's a nice pre, and he gets wicked sound on bass and tops, but it always had a few too many features thrown in for my liking and ours was one of the first of a new design so had a few niggles and didn't look as tidy as mskeetes inside..(by a long way) Lincoln builds wicked amps also.. (Amp thread next up don't you think?)

Mark..inspiring to see the art inside your units.. I reckon if I zoom in I can suss most of the circuits too (only joking...) well tidy...can't wait to hear ours when I'm back..
mskeete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mskeete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2007 at 12:30am
Originally posted by TRE4U2NV TRE4U2NV wrote:

mark really luv those boards still using your own program for those boards they look a bute

im trying out autotrax at the moment its like being back at night skool but solder tank and that s"*t are totally in the past apart from project stuff 
got to luv it east london strikes again most pre builders past and present reside in the east by the way mark i found some pictures when you were a nipper

I posted a reply earlier but it seems to have disappeared...
yep, still using my own pcb program I wrote many moons ago in visual basic 4. Very easy to place components but the editing sucks. Last year I exteneded it again to add gerber and nc drill output files but it's time to move to a proper program now.

I tried a few free ones but couldn't really get to grips with them so I'm taking a serious look at some commercial ones
Emmsy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2007 at 2:01pm
so why are people using these rather than a decent mixer?

what benifits do they offer ?
Ciscokid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ciscokid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2007 at 2:24pm
Emmsy,I am no expert but I think a mixer will not give the sound that I am looking for in a pre-amp.The heavy low frequency bass and the tops and the parametric eq and the kill switches.I am sure that you can gain all this by adding EQs bass enhancers etc etc to mixers but everything is in one package with a pre-amp.I dont think you are going to get super quality sound with a pre-amp but I dont really look for that when I play reggae music.
Ciscokid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ciscokid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2007 at 2:26pm
Jethrocker,Nice one man.

I will PM regarding the lincoln Pre-amp.
TRE4U2NV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRE4U2NV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2007 at 3:39pm
emmsy show me the mixer and i probably buy one too but a mixer that does all that dont exsist so thus pre amps were born
IM SO SECRETIVE BUT I CANT TELL YOU WHY
CLsystems View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLsystems Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2007 at 3:51pm
heres some of my Pre amps.
probably not quite what your expecting!!

Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2007 at 12:36am
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2007 at 10:39pm
JTS Pre-Amp

Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2007 at 11:40pm
Which pre-amp is this ? Baracuda or Mostec ?

TRE4U2NV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRE4U2NV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2007 at 12:15am
baracuda
IM SO SECRETIVE BUT I CANT TELL YOU WHY
Capt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Capt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2008 at 11:51am

What is the function of those 2x10pots on top of this preamp? stereo 10 band eq?

Interesting topic.. guess the first post with pics of the Charlies preamps by Ciskokid expired? Cant see dem.. Could anyone post or upload dem again, or got images of other preamps to show?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 85>