Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Roots n Culture Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Show us your Pre-Amp

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 85>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRE4U2NV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2008 at 8:55pm
its the latter and its only a problem if the circuit is not built right       
its shelf not sweepable
IM SO SECRETIVE BUT I CANT TELL YOU WHY
jethrocker View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jethrocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2008 at 2:20am
don't get what you mean by shelf not sweepable? What do the lower line of pots do...change frequency? (that would be sweepable) The idea of 10 shelving sections in a row seems an odd opne..wouldn't that make a response like a flight of stairs...?
TRE4U2NV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRE4U2NV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2008 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by jethrocker jethrocker wrote:

don't get what you mean by shelf not sweepable? What do the lower line of pots do...change frequency? (that would be sweepable) The idea of 10 shelving sections in a row seems an odd opne..wouldn't that make a response like a flight of stairs...?

you seem Confused
it works very well easy to control tried and tested by many a hand

errol dunkley     TUNE =        E...... D... H.. T.... A L..... W.. D........  WinkWinkWink

Edited by TRE4U2NV - 19 February 2008 at 8:40pm
jethrocker View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jethrocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2008 at 9:22pm
Yes Trev, indeed, a little way different.. sorry to question if that upsets you, and sorry for being so stoopid but I still don't see exactly what adjustment the eq provides, seems your saying 10 sweepable bands with cut boost control on each one, could be very nice for precise adjustment I suppose if the bands were suitably narrow and the q just right, but I still didn't get the shelving bit.....
Apologies once more, I'm just interested that's all and trying to understand whatever differences I seeWink  
Hugo Biermann View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hugo Biermann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2008 at 9:26pm
http://www.spl-usa.com/media/Geraete600/V_MK2_T.jpg

http://www.spl-usa.com/media/Geraete600/Qure.jpg

www.aggressiveaudio.co.za
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2008 at 3:08pm
A very old Tuac Weight & Treble 2-Way Pre-Amp.

img160/5962/tuacweighttreblepreamp0jo5.jpg

img120/760/tuacweighttreblepreamp0nq0.jpg
**Heavy Weight-Line**
A home without books is like a body with no soul.
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2008 at 10:07am
Tuac! nice one Tek,which museum did you find that in?..its their mono disco mixer from about mid 1970`s!
Be seeing you.
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2008 at 10:16am
One of only 300 ever made,the Matamp Supernova,handmade in Huddersfield!
Be seeing you.
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2008 at 10:17am
Originally posted by jbl_man jbl_man wrote:

which museum did you find that in?..its their mono disco mixer from about mid 1970`s!

LOL very old stuff for real & this one's still working. It belongs to a mate of mine who want's it refurbished, serviced & put into a deeper case. 

This one has a parametric 4-position knob on the back on the bass o/p. Don't if you/anyone knew of/remember that mod back in the 80's.

**Heavy Weight-Line**
A home without books is like a body with no soul.
imageoven View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imageoven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2008 at 11:37am
Nice case jbl, your own handy work I presume?

Does it have a lid, or does it not go out to play?
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2008 at 2:31pm
Nope,factory option Imageoven,it was available as "chassis only" or complete with its case,there was also a road version that Tony built some flightcases for..see photo...cost new for "chassis only"in 1981 was £1450,or £1600 with the case.

Interestingly,look closely at this photo,you can see Tek`s Tuac mixer mentioned above in the same photo!
Be seeing you.
TRE4U2NV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRE4U2NV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2008 at 6:09pm
they  used to sell them in that disco shop next to lassky edgeware road old indian sikh dude
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 85>