Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > MT122
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Simplified MT121 Plans

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boycey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2008 at 12:02pm
the dispersion quoted is identical to the original plan, has that been tested? (scientifically or otherwise?) i was under the impression that this is what will change with the simplified plan.
the only thing more dangerous than a person who doesn't give a f**k is a person who gives a sh*t.
levyte357 View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2008 at 12:30pm
Personally, I think easiest scenario is cab that comprises the following

2" Driver 900 -> 10Khz
MT121   160->900hz
1/2 USB 80->160Hz

Unfortunately, will be square cab due to unmodified USB section, similiar to following,

Will need bullets/supertweeters to get that 12k-20khz sizzle, or very expensive  Beyma 1.4" 755 series.

Anyone fancy drawing this up? 

Edited by levyte357 - 30 April 2008 at 12:36pm
"Who am I? I'm the guy who does his job.. You must be the other guy".
josh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote josh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2008 at 3:06pm
i was thinking about this lev and i think with a bit of thought it could easily be made trapezoidal. however im not going to bother wiht it, i prefer the idea of the midtop and the mickbins being seperate, them being together will probably result in a lot of wasted space too.
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2008 at 12:00am
Originally posted by levyte357 levyte357 wrote:

Gonna be a bit cheeky here Wink, and ask peeps to estimate what size chamber, throat, horn length would be needed for 15" straight horn to fit below MT121 section in same cab?

Any update on this idea ?

**Heavy Weight-Line**
A home without books is like a body with no soul.
mylesound View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mylesound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2008 at 2:05am
Im also intrested in this 3 way.
I was planning on buying DDS 12"&2" fiberglass mold horn and building some HD15s with longer side and rear pannels to house the 2 horns.
Its almost the same thought.
Deadbeat View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deadbeat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2008 at 8:32am
Hmmm... reinventing the TMS series, are we?

I'll try to get drawings up by the end of the week for you guys.
Away on extended leave.
AdiRCF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdiRCF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2008 at 12:53pm

or very expensive  Beyma 1.4" 755 series.

I'm so tired to see on this forum this cliche. " oh sh*t, we need bullets or very expensive beyma drivers "

Has enyone of you tried the 2" exit driver wnd-72 from P.Audio ? I've got 4 of them and i'm verry pleased with them. they can be cut low and they go like crazy in the upper region

Edited by AdiRCF - 25 June 2008 at 12:54pm
Sughi Bughi
Deadbeat View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deadbeat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2008 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by AdiRCF AdiRCF wrote:

or very expensive  Beyma 1.4" 755 series.

I'm so tired to see on this forum this cliche. " oh sh*t, we need bullets or very expensive beyma drivers "

Has enyone of you tried the 2" exit driver wnd-72 from P.Audio ? I've got 4 of them and i'm verry pleased with them. they can be cut low and they go like crazy in the upper region

I can get that very cheaply. But i don't. Want to know why? Because I'm of the opinion that it sounds absolutely horrible. But that's just my opinion. I always buy the BMD and SD series of comps, at a minimum. Would take a BMS (if they're in Malaysia - never seen them over here, but heard them in England), Beyma or another superior comp even if I had to import one.

Besides, it is the horn + comp that counts. I could put a crap comp on an excellent horn, and it would sound decent, and i could put an expensive comp on a crappy little horn and it would sound horrible.

Edited by Deadbeat - 25 June 2008 at 1:51pm
Away on extended leave.
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2008 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by AdiRCF AdiRCF wrote:

Are they new ? Can't see them on PAP website, how much are they ?
**Heavy Weight-Line**
Tekasis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tekasis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2008 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by Deadbeat Deadbeat wrote:

I can get that very cheaply. But i don't. Want to know why? Because I'm of the opinion that it sounds absolutely horrible. But that's just my opinion. I always buy the BMD and SD series of comps, at a minimum.

It must definately be the difference in what people hear, as many on here say the BM-D series also sounds sh*t.

I keep hearing very good stuff about the Beyma CP-755Ti's, & if they're as good as they make out, the BM-D750's will have to take a back seat!  

**Heavy Weight-Line**
AdiRCF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdiRCF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2008 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by Tekasis Tekasis wrote:

the BM-D750's will have to take a back seat! 

I heard only bad things about this driver. After 10 Khz it drops and it needs a bullet to take over the upper region or some serious gain with the eq.
Sughi Bughi
Deadbeat View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deadbeat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2008 at 4:17pm
Different ears, maybe.

I don't think the WN series is available over there. Check out loudspeakersplus for the prices in USD. WN-series isn't new, I think.
Away on extended leave.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>