Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Buying and Selling > Wanted
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

single Tham 10 or Tham 12

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supremesoundz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: single Tham 10 or Tham 12
    Posted: 06 June 2017 at 10:55am
looking a small sub for the home, will consider others too
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2017 at 3:59pm
It wouldn't take much work to knock up an 8" 1/4 wave transmission line box..... B&Q would rip the timber for you and if you make it single fold it can sit in the corner of your livingroom/bedroom without to much impact on the room and give you a fair extension to your bass response.

If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
cookie-dj View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie-dj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2017 at 8:36pm
you could try the Tham 6 or the TPAM10HTL http://www.martinsson.cc/blog/static.php?page=static140228-173656. Made especially for home use
You can't polish a turd!
SouthwestCNC View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthwestCNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2017 at 8:43pm
How close are your neighbour's? the tham 12 puts out more bass than you'd expect. Easily win yourself an asbo in a terraced house with one lol 6-8" transmittion line box would be a better option with shorter throw means you can play the bass louder without putting the neighbour's in an early grave. All this said you may have a country house miles from anyone then hell why not.

Give you an idea I use a tham12 in my industrial unit for the radio, with cnc machines running at 100db and I cant get much over 50% gain without annoying the other businesses 200yrds away. :)
cookie-dj View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie-dj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2017 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by SouthwestCNC SouthwestCNC wrote:

How close are your neighbour's? the tham 12 puts out more bass than you'd expect. Easily win yourself an asbo in a terraced house with one lol 6-8" transmittion line box would be a better option with shorter throw means you can play the bass louder without putting the neighbour's in an early grave. All this said you may have a country house miles from anyone then hell why not.

Give you an idea I use a tham12 in my industrial unit for the radio, with cnc machines running at 100db and I cant get much over 50% gain without annoying the other businesses 200yrds away. :)

My kit is stored in a container storage yard, lets just say that my Tham 12 re-organised someones workbench a few units down Embarrassed
You can't polish a turd!
SouthwestCNC View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthwestCNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2017 at 8:56pm
haha, ive had to remove all the locks from my office drawers at the opposite end of the unit from the tham. they were doing my nut vibrating at a ridiculous level of db's . awesome little bins. no good for your house. 2 in a sports bar, perfect.
cookie-dj View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie-dj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2017 at 9:00pm
I'm starting to think i could have even got away with 2x Tham 10's to be honest 
You can't polish a turd!
supremesoundz View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supremesoundz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2017 at 2:15pm
thanks guys. will have a think.
My current home system takes up too much space, which is the reason I'm after something small, to go with some new Volt coaxial tops I'm building.

Post Reply Post Reply