Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Buying and Selling > Wanted
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Small tops

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djgorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Small tops
    Posted: 18 July 2016 at 6:46am
Hi all

I'm after some small tops - something like 12"+1" or 15" + (something appropriate).

My last set were ASS Spektra SP3 and if I could find some more, I might consider them (although I'm getting older and they get heavier with every year!), but I'm after something maybe like that.  

I do mobile discos and use a Volvo 850 estate so size is an issue.  I need to be able to fit bins in as well for some gigs.  Although, if the tops are decent enough, the occasions for using bins will be minimal and local enough to do two trips. 

I know I said at the top that I wanted 12"+1", but I'm also considering a 15" top too.  Maybe the Martin F15 or Logic Systems LS15.  Ideally, I'd like to get the bins now, but I can carry on using my mate's HK Audio Actor bins for now.  I've got about £1,500 for bins and tops.  

I'm very much open to suggestions - I'm open to brand - Shermann, Ohm, Martin (probably can't afford Nexo or F1).

Let me know you're ideas! Help me spend my money! Smile

Gaffa tape is like the force in Star Wars - there's a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together
mi mong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mi mong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2016 at 7:13am
have a look at the orbit4 cab....been using mine for about a year now and they never fail to impress.

i went out today in my dressing gown......
djgorey View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djgorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2016 at 9:07am
They look really interesting. I've never heard (of) them before. Do they need two channels per cab?
Gaffa tape is like the force in Star Wars - there's a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together
lickweed View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lickweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2016 at 12:20pm
Got pair of proel tfl15,18sound woofer and 1" b&c,sound sweet,lightweight for 18mm birch ply,pm if intrested
http://www.liquidsound.co.uk/
supremesoundz View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supremesoundz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2016 at 10:25pm
Fbt verve system. Fbt verve 18s bins with padded covers. Fbt verve 15 mid tops. B&C loaded speakers.£1200 for all 4 speakers

Edited by supremesoundz - 18 July 2016 at 10:26pm
ProtecAV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProtecAV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2016 at 10:05am
I have pair of brand spanking new Ohm BR10 loudspeakers.
Event & Installation technology
www.protecav.co.uk    www.facebook.com/protec av
moyano View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moyano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2016 at 6:23pm
Pair of void Stasys 4 in mint condition. £1500 pair
Djdarch View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Djdarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2016 at 2:35pm

Not the best pics in the world but there you go .

djgorey View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djgorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2016 at 2:45pm
Cheers dude :-)

Do the x300's have top hats for sticking a pole in?
Djdarch View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Djdarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2016 at 8:33pm
yeah mate the x300 have m20 pole mounts on the top and on the side

Post Reply Post Reply