Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Buying and Selling > Wanted
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Someone to design and build  two dual 18" sub encl
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Someone to design and build two dual 18" sub encl

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djteknovibe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Someone to design and build two dual 18" sub encl
    Posted: 26 June 2016 at 9:28pm
Does anyone know a price they'd charge to design and build two dual 18" subs for me? The drivers I wanna use are RCF LF18X451, ideally i'd like the frequency response to be -3db down at about 36hz and be pretty flat from 40hz-100hz. I'd like the enclosure to be properly braced, a steel grille and black speckled kind of finish which looks nice and is hard wearing.
Thomas Hosker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomas Hosker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2016 at 5:26pm
Hi, Whats your email? Ill email over a quote.

Regards,

Thomas
WWW.T8Audio.Com
djteknovibe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djteknovibe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2016 at 2:03pm
I sent you a private message with my email address oh and thanks for this mate :)
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2016 at 3:16pm
I think at the end it will be cheaper to just buy a pair of nice 2x18 boxes.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djteknovibe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2016 at 5:55pm
Maybe yeah i'll have to see what price he quotes.
midas View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2016 at 7:47pm
Keep an Eye out for a pair of Logic Systems twin 18 push pull loaded with PHL drivers.
In bass no one can hear you scream!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djteknovibe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2016 at 7:39pm
Logic Systems as far as I know don't do dual 18" in the push pull system it's only dual 15". I've decided to save up and get myself a pair of Wharfedale Pro Delta 218B dual 18" subs and use them for about a year then middle of next year upgrade them with better drivers that would work great in the enclosures. Probably drivers from RCF or maybe Eighteen Sound, B&C etc...when it comes to it i'll enter the internal volume taking off for drivers and bracing into WinISD to get an idea which drivers would work best.

Edited by djteknovibe - 30 June 2016 at 7:43pm
KingGwarn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingGwarn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2016 at 9:22pm
Unloaded dual-18 cabs going from £100 on here...look solid and well-made!

Soundman inna Brighton town
King Gwarn Sound System

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djteknovibe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2016 at 5:31pm
It's ok i'm gonna save up and buy two Wharfedale Pro Delta 218B subs, i've heard good things about them for their price and I know they're professionally manufactured in 18mm plywood so i'll use them until the middle of next year when I upgrade them with new drivers. Probably RCF, Eighteen Sound or B&C but i'll have the enclosures here for me to work out internal volume to see which driers would be the best for the enclosures.
 Post Reply Post Reply