Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Advanced Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SRM450 replacement woofer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starstruck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SRM450 replacement woofer
    Posted: 02 January 2011 at 1:47pm
Can anybody recommend a replacement woofer model for a SRM450 V1 ??

The problem is that its outside diameter is 12.5" (320mm) so most of the 12" drivers Ive looked at will not fit.

The only one Ive come up with so far is an RCF L12/854K which is £105 +p&p from thomann. Which I suspect is the original cone anyway (theres no markings on it but its identical to the drawings and pictures of the RCF cone)

Im repairing it for a local band and always they want the cheapest fix possible !

Thanks folks

Kev
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2011 at 6:07pm
Getting the proper one reconed is your best bet. A 450 isn't a sh it cab and does have re-sale value as such you should try and keep it original.
On a more pratical side for band use have one cab sound/repspond completely differently to the other will be a right pain to Eq.
RCF/Martin have a yard over near High Wycombe, shout them up when everyone is back at work, I can't imagine a recone or service exchange driver can be that muchSmile

Rags View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rags Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2016 at 6:05pm
thanks that's really helpful didn't know they existed ...it's a rough looking  DJ monitor but even so I would prefer to recone ..
As it goes I did try jbl 12 just to confirm it was the driver making all that unpleasant noise and it was 10mm smaller on the holes so bit wary of replacing 

Oops should look a bit more closely at which thread I'm replying to !

Edited by Rags - 21 April 2016 at 6:07pm
 Post Reply Post Reply