Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Ported Enclosures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

stacking reflex

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote app Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2015 at 11:09pm
I stacked the subs in a way showed at number 4. I think I should have gone with number 1 for some reason.

What benefits are there having port down to ground?

Next time Im playin Ill thin more about the spot where I put the system...

"what!?"
Spartan Audio View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spartan Audio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2015 at 9:35am
There is no correct answer that applies to all situations.
http://www.spartanaudio.co.uk
vectrasoundz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vectrasoundz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2015 at 10:35am
Originally posted by app app wrote:

Whats the difference of different ways?
I've used 1, 3, 4 and 6. 4 and 6 have more sub bass in my application, 4 and 1 more height so used more regular. 3 had a louder over all bass (might be cause of the size of the room)
vectrasoundz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vectrasoundz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2015 at 10:38am
Originally posted by Spartan Audio Spartan Audio wrote:

There is no correct answer that applies to all situations.
this
Heathrow_B_line View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2015 at 11:17am
if i had 2 boxes id do it as shown in fig 3

if i had 4 or 6 id stack it like fig 6

if i needed more than 6 boxes id bring scoops!

lol
Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.
jammin75 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jammin75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2015 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by Heathrow_B_line Heathrow_B_line wrote:

if i had 2 boxes id do it as shown in fig 3

if i had 4 or 6 id stack it like fig 6

if i needed more than 6 boxes id bring scoops!

lol

just bring the scoops anyway LOL
feel the vibes !!!   "Who Feels it Knows it"            Strong like Lion              
nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2015 at 8:13pm
Dont forget the kicks 'cos the scoops honk like mad above 90hz and are too slow for electronic dance, there you go, just as many cabs after all. Ying Yang
It's everything, not everythink!
jammin75 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jammin75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2015 at 9:20pm
yes scoops no good for dance music LOL  u need more reflex a LOT more Big smile
feel the vibes !!!   "Who Feels it Knows it"            Strong like Lion              
nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2015 at 9:53pm
Yet even though they will be no good to me, I am sitting here looking at the many Scoop plans I have trying to decide which ones for the summer project, sort of infectious damn things.Confused
It's everything, not everythink!
app View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote app Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2015 at 12:37am
Ive been using number 1 a lot. Kinda just got stuck to doing it like that every timeLOL

Id like to test number 3 but dont want midtops on sticks.

I need to test number 4 too again since I only tried it once and had other problems with the sound since it was my first session with the system.
"what!?"
app View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote app Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2015 at 12:40am
Originally posted by corell corell wrote:

number 3 should have a little lower tuning than number 4, so try those two options and if you hear no difference, any stacking will sound the same.

Does reflex also go lower when "mouths" are together like in horns? I thought it was only on horns.

"what!?"
Elliot Thompson View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2015 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by app app wrote:

Does reflex also go lower when "mouths" are together like in horns? I thought it was only on horns.

The reflex concept is to offer the desired frequencies you are aiming for in a singular cabinet. The lowest desired frequency is based on your design objective. Using multiple reflex cabinets (4, 8, 16, 32 cabinets) will increase the overall frequency response from a dB perspective.

As the reflex has the capability to offer the flattest frequency response than any other design on the market, you will receive a dB response like what is listed below once you start adding more boxes in the equation. 

Notice how consistent the dB level is within the 100 Hz – 26 Hz range.  

Horns can extend their frequency response when having their mouths coupled together however will reach their cut-off limit as the length of the horn dictates the lowest frequency point. As the majority of the horns on the market today offer a short length, it is precisely this reason why 98% of the homemade bass horns on the market take a nose dive below 50 Hz no matter how many boxes they add to the equation.

Best Regards,

Elliot Thompson
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>