Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Advanced Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

(super)tweeters

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: (super)tweeters
    Posted: 14 February 2015 at 8:08am
Looking for tweeter capable of keeping up in a mid sized PA.
Crossover freq. will be around 5kHz.
Favorable dispersion characteristics: around either 45° or 90° horizontal.

Low distortion, no annular ring resonators, small and maybe non metallic diaphragms are what I'm looking for.

So far B&C D35 http://www.bcspeakers.com/products/tweeter/1-25/de35 has crossed my path. I have never heard such a tweeter, would it be a good idea to buy one and give it a test?

Other suggestions?
Pinyorouk View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinyorouk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2015 at 9:20am
You might want to have a look at this thread:

http://forum.speakerplans.com/bullet-tweeters-needed-with-2-cd-and-horn_topic88956.html?KW=sparkle

Edited by Pinyorouk - 14 February 2015 at 9:23am
_djk_ View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _djk_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2015 at 9:23am

This is the Peavey RX14 on the Eminence APT80 horn (red curve), about $60 list price. 

The B&C DE-35, about $80.
The Faital Pro FD371, about $160.

To a certain extent, you get what you pay for, the Faital may be the best bullet I have heard for PA.

These three represent the best bullets for PA that I have found, a 5K crossover on the B&C may be pushing it a bit.

The B&C DE120 would also be a contender, about $80 (depending or the horn you choose). I have not heard these, but the hi-fi guys at Klipsch really like them for a Klipschorn replacement tweeter.

Stock is still available, and a new version is coming soon.

Edited by _djk_ - 15 February 2015 at 9:23am
djk
spttrial View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spttrial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2015 at 4:59pm
Take a look at the Beyma CP22, This is a great device and sounds really good, used by loads of quality sound systems, and price isn't too bad either at £66.00 inc vat
30 years in the business
 Post Reply Post Reply