Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

tapped horn design

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2007 at 9:48am
How does it look inside?
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2007 at 10:07am

very dark!

sorry it's my living, cant be doing that

hope you understand

by the way guy's these have superb throw unlike the traditional scoop

anyone with pd186's loaded into this box would come in their y-front's

Edited by mykey - 02 February 2007 at 10:25am
Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2007 at 10:20am
fair play mykey!

me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure
moray james View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moray james Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2007 at 2:15pm
Myke: while you called it a scoop don't you think that it has turned into a Tapped Horn? Where is the turning point? That really what i was on about with the "what's a scoop anyway" thread. Tuck that driver into the mouth and the load impacts the drivers values.  Good lookin box.
moray james
Tom Umney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Umney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2007 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by mykey mykey wrote:

very dark!

sorry it's my living, cant be doing that

hope you understand

by the way guy's these have superb throw unlike the traditional scoop

anyone with pd186's loaded into this box would come in their y-front's

And load it with a PD1850, and it would blow my bollox off?

Edited by Tom Umney - 02 February 2007 at 4:29pm
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2007 at 4:39pm
 it's OK mykey.

Cheers
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
TRE4U2NV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRE4U2NV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2007 at 6:11pm

NORLINGTON BOYS DO IT AGAIN  HE HE HE HE HE HE HE

IM SO SECRETIVE BUT I CANT TELL YOU WHY
jethrocker View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jethrocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2007 at 8:52pm

I've informed mikey that patent is pending on the plan I posted some weeks back...

mykey View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2007 at 1:12am
well i wish my indian dinner last night was a concept, because my arse is flowing
staiper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote staiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2007 at 3:36pm
   Hello,

Initiated with mykey post I have searched a bit my hard disk and found this one.

Something is jammed with my msn-group so I must host pics on other location..

This "HOG" scoop is flat (+/-2db) from 35 to 110Hz with  sensitivity of 100db-per watt/1m @ 33Hz and average 104db 1W/1m from 40Hz to 105Hz.. – with SD18 ground plane. I have built four of those last summer for a customer and got them only 2 days finished before a man come with van (and money ;) ) to pickup them. I have to say that this one is one of few that really scared me at full power (stacked 2on2).

On this pic only outer dimensions are noted (it is not big philosophy and anyone can estimate internal) ..Internal will be published once when I catch some time to finally sort and upload my site. Bass unit is mounted on horn mouth panel but this does not make this cabinet a "tapped" horn design.   

Best wishes,

Stipe

Rog View Drop Down

Rogers Archive Posts

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2007 at 8:27pm
Yep, spot on Stipe.

I've really quickly drawn one up and the path length is 2.4 meters, which equates to 35.16Hz.

Really nice design, I think you have just pushed the whole cause a big step in the right direction. I can see this becoming the best DIY sub build and it will hold that title for a long time to come.

Best wishes,

Rog.
Rog View Drop Down

Rogers Archive Posts

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2007 at 8:46pm
Just done a sim,

Used these parameters:

Horn Length 2.4 m

AT (throat size) 890 sqcm

VFC (front chamber) 35 litres

Mouth 5700 sqcm

I didn't do the sim in hornresp, but akabak and another program I use say it should work well. A larger throat will give more output lower down and the dip in response at 115Hz can be made smaller by decreasing the front chamber volume.

I modelled the design using an SD 18, but also tried the V18-1200 and the V18-1200 gives a lot more output below 55Hz.

Rog.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>