Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The difference between an Inuke and a Powersoft
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The difference between an Inuke and a Powersoft

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darkstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2015 at 5:23pm
I suppose they do throw in better components than the standard Lab copies though, therefore increasing reliability.

Anyhow, I've seen a copy with a Lab Gruppen badge today. Quite a shame, can't even see the point of that either...
Bass =/= Enough
kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2015 at 6:50pm
RCF have always used OEMS for their PA amps.
Kevin

North Staffordshire

U.Viktor View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote U.Viktor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2015 at 7:13pm
Some of the most important differences remain hidden until you do not use them in real world!

The INUKE completely drops power as soon as the AC drops just a little = useless in professional application
The INUKE has NO real output feedback, the frequency plot depends on the load behavior = useless in professional application
The INUKE has badly designed "cheap" power supply, creates harmonics and current spikes on the mains (huge problem if you have several of those..) = useless in professional application

The cooling structure of the INUKE is not suitable to work in non-controlled "dirty " environment, without the risk of quick failure.

I have been informed several even more damning technical details but most of you would likely not understand therefore I will not share those.

The INUKE is NOT a professional amplifier but could be good for a cheap household amplifier.
U.Viktor View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote U.Viktor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2015 at 7:15pm
Such load dependent frequency response of the INUKE could be very ugly on vocals, or anywhere in the upper range..
Also produces different sound character on each type of the speakers.. which is very difficult to handle.
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2015 at 7:15pm
the SAE amps sound fine to my ears, better than a Lab on low end and despite claims they have appalling PFC I am not seeing any issues when I clipped mine intro a D-load for shits and giggles....

U.Viktor View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote U.Viktor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2015 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by shagnasty shagnasty wrote:

the SAE amps sound fine to my ears, better than a Lab on low end and despite claims they have appalling PFC I am not seeing any issues when I clipped mine intro a D-load for shits and giggles....

Put 12 of them to a remote mains line and you will see the "problems"

For example the airbags or ABS are totally useless parts of your car,
until you do not need them..

Edited by U.Viktor - 08 September 2015 at 7:24pm
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2015 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by U.Viktor U.Viktor wrote:

Originally posted by shagnasty shagnasty wrote:

Put 12 of them to a remote mains line and you will see the "problems"

For example the airbags or ABS are totally useless parts of your car,
until you do not need them..

The point is *I* won't, I'd use the proper gear to give me a stiff enough main, if you throw 12 10Kw power amps on a bit 25mm2 of course all hell will break loose...

As for ABS, I have mine turned off, I can out-drive it and proved so many times on a skid pan....

Edited by shagnasty - 08 September 2015 at 7:41pm
Darkstar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darkstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2015 at 8:33pm
^ carplans.com LOL
Bass =/= Enough
jammin75 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jammin75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2015 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by studio45 studio45 wrote:

For my 2p worth, there's a local sound here that use an iNuke 6000 on bass, driving four Rhino scoops with PD1850 inside - they do all the things you're not supposed to do like pushing up the 20 and 31Hz EQ sliders, running without a limiter, ragging it into clip at least once every tune, accidentally running it up into a shorted cable now and then - and they've been (ab)using it for nearly 18 months now and it ain't broken yet! Hasn't even gone into protect mode as far as I know :) And, seems to go much louder than the Crest 8001 they were using previously.....

they better on bass duty but have their limits been usin my inuke6000dsp for quite a while now but my heavy weight has better tone and more spl Smile
feel the vibes !!!   "Who Feels it Knows it"            Strong like Lion              
jammin75 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jammin75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2015 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by U.Viktor U.Viktor wrote:

Such load dependent frequency response of the INUKE could be very ugly on vocals, or anywhere in the upper range..
Also produces different sound character on each type of the speakers.. which is very difficult to handle.

already said before they are harsh sounding on mids an tops Smile
feel the vibes !!!   "Who Feels it Knows it"            Strong like Lion              
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2015 at 9:05pm
TBH, back on topic, the Powersoft maybe better value than the iNuke, but when the iNuke is so much cheaper the comment of unfair comparison applies, you will never get a front wheel drive car to handle or go fast, but some people can't afford RWD.

I ran a club on EP2500s, a lot of them, they were replaced with SR 707s and may I say held their value very well, they cost £200+vat each and all sold for £130 plus, the SR were in different league sound wise but I bought the SR of JH as he shifted them out and the EP were probably better value than the SR stuff (707 was £1K in '94) the iNuke kit isn't going to head up against Powersoft/MC2/FFA maybe even SAE which is nearer it's price point, but for $500 it makes better frequency response, PFC, Power, SPL and bhp/tonne than $500 worth of the above!!!!!

I deliberately left PKN out of that list as I haven't used one, I don't know of any Pro Audio companies that are using them and they have no UK demo stock, so to me I can't comment on a complete un-known....

Darkstar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darkstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2015 at 9:15pm
PKN are somewhat closer to Powersoft and similar brands for the price though, aren't they?

Anyhow, Marjan uses these and they also have quite a good reputation here on the forums.

Edited by Darkstar - 08 September 2015 at 9:15pm
Bass =/= Enough
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>