Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

the italian problem...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speaker Sol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2010 at 1:22am
LOL
_Natty_ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Natty_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2010 at 1:51am
i need W for bass...so i think that powersoft is the best. It seems to have a big control on bass, and also it's from italy, more easy to get, assistance, parts and thinghs...
but anyway i don't think that actually i can't spent this amount of cash.

i have some good 9001 that i can take really good price but it's seem that they needs to much power for most of the venue where i play.
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2010 at 9:44am
i think you seriously need to re-think if you think powersoft is the only light weight option that can deliver high powers.

The PKN amps are actually able to sustain their power rating for longer than the powersoft k series, and sound better to boot. The PKN is also considerably cheaper. Dont be fooled by the fact that they are currently a smaller, less well known brand. In time, this will change.

and im speaking as someone who has direct experience, having owned 9001's, powersofts and pkns. can you say that?
IanD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2010 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by csg csg wrote:

i think you seriously need to re-think if you think powersoft is the only light weight option that can deliver high powers.

The PKN amps are actually able to sustain their power rating for longer than the powersoft k series, and sound better to boot. The PKN is also considerably cheaper. Dont be fooled by the fact that they are currently a smaller, less well known brand. In time, this will change.

and im speaking as someone who has direct experience, having owned 9001's, powersofts and pkns. can you say that?

I'm really glad I introduced PKN to the forum some time back, even though I never bought one because the need went away -- lots of people are very happy with them, and they do seem to do just what I predicted from the beginning (and what PKN said they'd do)... ;-)

http://forum.speakerplans.com/topic24766.html
Meat View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2010 at 10:27pm
Going back the original question:
Isn't the thing that makes powersoft and PKN able to cope with changes in mains frequency and voltage the power factor correction? Am I correct in saying that the reason why transformer amps may have a bit of an issue in situations where the voltage drops or is too high due to them having set working conditions based on the actual transformer in the supply itself?
Don't test the champignon sound
_Natty_ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Natty_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2010 at 9:37am
OT
any one have try the lem powerfacotr 7?
i have a good offer for a couple of this....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123