Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

THE PRECISION NBC215

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aman Gebru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2016 at 4:06pm
Don't ask me, I have no idea.

I just sell ice cream from a bicycle, and build cheap DIY speakers from orange boxes to use at expensive hi end weddings.
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2016 at 4:08pm
Obviously!
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
Aman Gebru View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aman Gebru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2016 at 4:15pm
But why are you asking for advice on whether a PCB or bit of wood is better for a crossover base. You are a hi end manufacturer that we all look up to for answers.

It would be a bit like BMW going on to a public forum and asking how to make an ABS system.
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2016 at 4:22pm
They may both work, but I know what is more professional. And I've ordered a minimum quantity of 5 boards quite a few times recently for some designs. 500 MOQ is not true.
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2016 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by Aman Gebru Aman Gebru wrote:

But why are you asking for advice on whether a PCB or bit of wood is better for a crossover base. You are a hi end manufacturer that we all look up to for answers.

It would be a bit like BMW going on to a public forum and asking how to make an ABS system.

I am asking because YOU claim the pcb is better. So please elaborate why you think that way.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2016 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by odc04r odc04r wrote:

They may both work, but I know what is more professional. And I've ordered a minimum quantity of 5 boards quite a few times recently for some designs. 500 MOQ is not true.

I dont need to go to china for this, i have a local pcb maker that can make pcb's up to 14 layers. Quite reasonable with pricing too.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2016 at 4:49pm
Great, wish I did :)
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2016 at 5:00pm
Just let me know what you need :-)

Woow, they upgraded to 36 layers now.

Edited by MarjanM - 14 November 2016 at 5:01pm
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2016 at 7:50pm
And there is little old me thinking, "I like the wood crossovers, bespoke and hand made, not to mention not sending any more money to the Chinese than necessary".  Paint 'em with heat resistant paint tweet, that will shut them upWink

Edit: Better make that NASA grade heat resistant paint, or that will be wrong too.

Edited by nickyburnell - 14 November 2016 at 7:52pm
It's everything, not everythink!
Tweeter_Box View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tweeter_Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2016 at 11:29am
Originally posted by nickyburnell nickyburnell wrote:

And there is little old me thinking, "I like the wood crossovers, bespoke and hand made, not to mention not sending any more money to the Chinese than necessary".  Paint 'em with heat resistant paint tweet, that will shut them upWink

Edit: Better make that NASA grade heat resistant paint, or that will be wrong too.

Originally posted by MarjanM MarjanM wrote:

Originally posted by Aman Gebru Aman Gebru wrote:

Resistors will burn though the wood and cause a fire as well.

But seeing as this is a low powered HI Fi cab you will be ok.

Why is that? How come none of my crossovers that are made exactly that way have now burned so far?
And some of the boxes i feed with like 3500w each.

If the resistors got hot, then your crossover design is wrong and it will burn trough a PCB also.

Yes your right Marjan, i road tested the wood based crossovers for little over a year before i started selling them, still havent had 1 issue yet, would regularly thrash the f**k into them aswell, im guessing a pcb would burn out quicker than wood would catch alight

tbh i prefer building them myself so i know its done properly, it cost a lil more in time but knowing its done right was important

Cheers Nicky, i love the wood look of the crossovers Star gives it that "authentic" look

the later series 2 were sealed with heat resistant glue that also helped incase a cable tie melted (fingers crossed hasnt happened yet)
Thanks to Andy BA for the link to the glue Clap

will have series 2 build pics n info up later Smile
https://www.facebook.com/PurpleAudioRecords
Andy Kos View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Kos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2016 at 11:33pm
Originally posted by MarjanM MarjanM wrote:

Just let me know what you need :-)

Woow, they upgraded to 36 layers now.

OK... so why do your crossovers need 36 layers?

just a guy with a warehouse and a few speakers... www.bluearan.co.uk
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2016 at 11:59pm
Those are not for crossovers man. It just telling what they can do.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>