Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

There's a new kid in town: Vision Acoustics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2010 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by Sibulus Sibulus wrote:

The column looks like exactly the sort of system a lot of trendy'esq london clubs would love. Best of luck with it.

exactly what i thought when i saw it Clap
AvLee View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AvLee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2010 at 8:04pm
love it....sound quality aside, if someone asked me twenty years ago, what I thought sound systems would look like in 2010 I would of pictured something like this! Bout time we moved with the times! Thumbs Up
OllieMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OllieMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2010 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by mk2_ginger_biscuit69 mk2_ginger_biscuit69 wrote:

ugly horrible concept, the floor monitors look like fans (and completely impractical in terms of durability/not falling over mid gig?), the DJ extreme is just a circular version of the bose 802, club stack blank, columns wierd.....

Conicle dispersion is a terrible idea in stage monitors, need the horizontal dispersion because unless artists are static (which most arnt) they will move in and out of the dispersion field. Sucks!!

Also not a single real image, just CAD renders. No real specifications with info (hard to achieve when they dont exist i suppose).

Website needs a rethink too, navigation is a bit pants, too fancy.

sorry man but thats my honest opinion

Ginge, I see you on here alot, slagging other people efforts off! 
Could you please post a link to the speakers you've designed/ built.
DOJO MEDIA.

PA HIRE/ RECORDING STUDIOS/ BACKLINE HIRE.
darkmatter View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkmatter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2010 at 4:47pm
Looking good man.

I know it's still a work in progress, but just to let you know that this could be changed on the 'our vision' page: "We want them to become a part of the stage and to be visually attractive."

I don't agree with ginge but that's nothing newLOL
Strange Daze View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strange Daze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2010 at 9:40am
I think they look sexy!!
I can see them being popular at House nights (which i'm also into)...in fact, did you guys do a Defected Records party.
Very up my street.
You don't have to have walls of horrible black boxes to make a nice sound, and you don't have to have maroon or purple paint to be fashionable.
I think this looks great.

(you can put my cheque in the post....kidding...)

Seriously tho, I'm impressed and look forward to hearing some. (or even better test, playing over some)

MusicXtra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MusicXtra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2010 at 10:22am
Yes we did a Defected party here is a party report and here are some pictures of that party.

Edited by MusicXtra - 24 November 2010 at 10:23am
tomschute View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomschute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2010 at 10:44am
Nice to see something different. Productiuon looks top notch. Good luck. 
Out to lunch... stableaudio@hotmail.co.uk
www.stableaudio.co.uk
Speaker Building Services
Jake_Fielder View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake_Fielder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2010 at 10:59am
its shit, everything is shit. I hate it, thats lame, complain complain etc...

oh sorry folks i thought i was logged in as my joke second account "mk2_gingerbiscuit69"
Big-G View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big-G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2010 at 11:42am
Originally posted by OllieMan OllieMan wrote:

ugly horrible concept, the floor monitors look like fans (and completely impractical in terms of durability/not falling over mid gig?), the DJ extreme is just a circular version of the bose 802, club stack blank, columns wierd.....

Conicle dispersion is a terrible idea in stage monitors, need the horizontal dispersion because unless artists are static (which most arnt) they will move in and out of the dispersion field. Sucks!!

Also not a single real image, just CAD renders. No real specifications with info (hard to achieve when they dont exist i suppose).

Website needs a rethink too, navigation is a bit pants, too fancy.

sorry man but thats my honest opinion

Exactly what i was thinking.
They know what is what but they don't know what is what they just strut what the .
Big-G View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big-G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2010 at 11:43am
Very nice looking system, i look forward to hearing it sometime. Thumbs Up
They know what is what but they don't know what is what they just strut what the .
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2010 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by Big-G Big-G wrote:

Originally posted by OllieMan OllieMan wrote:

ugly horrible concept, the floor monitors look like fans (and completely impractical in terms of durability/not falling over mid gig?), the DJ extreme is just a circular version of the bose 802, club stack blank, columns wierd.....Conicle dispersion is a terrible idea in stage monitors, need the horizontal dispersion because unless artists are static (which most arnt) they will move in and out of the dispersion field. Sucks!!Also not a single real image, just CAD renders. No real specifications with info (hard to achieve when they dont exist i suppose). Website needs a rethink too, navigation is a bit pants, too fancy.sorry man but thats my honest opinion

Exactly what i was thinking.

It's a stupid argument though. Engineers 'drive' a rig, but not necessarily build and design them - the same could be said of touring car racers, but would you ask somebody who didn't like the latest vehicle because it had poor traction control what touring cars they've designed lately?

An active, well versed user is generally going to give you a far more relevant than a manufacturer/designer.
MusicXtra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MusicXtra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2010 at 5:04pm
Here a story from two DJ's, they where in Panama last weekend.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>