Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Punisher and X-tro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

things to do on a sunday

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13141516>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KidCreole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2014 at 12:33am
F221 has reversed drivers, you 100% on that?
Danny A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danny A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2014 at 11:40am
^^ yes they do
Requiem View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Requiem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2014 at 3:01am
Just wanted to catch up with this post, We now own 6 of Csg's original 3 way mid tops and they definitely do the job.... Nothing but impressed with them & they can outperform most tops that I have heard.

Here's a picture of a party we did earlier this year with them, Only just fit the system in there, it looks too much system for the room but it was a mezzanine so suspended in a bigger room and sounded great.

The only thing I would change would be, that I think the 15" struggles to keep up with the mid & top end, and our bass section. I was debating replacing all 6 of the 15" drivers with a higher powered 15" as i dont think the kappalites are up to the job. Does anyone have a suggestion for this? I dont need to keep them to neo drivers- there are plenty of us in the crew to lift them. 

We run them with 12 void looneys like the setup you can see here, (but usually spaced further apart!) And the next stop is to construct a pair of splay boards, each to hold 3 of the tops, tilt them slightly & help with dispersion & stop comb filtering.

Can honestly say it would take a hell of a lot of money to ever persuade me to part with them Smile

www.requiem-soundsystem.com

Custom Martin Audio WSX, USB & CSG Soundsystem based in Bristol
all bass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote all bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2014 at 9:16am
Nice stacks!

You could also build some more of the 15" section of the tops a kicks.
https://www.instagram.com/my_modular_journey/
corell View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2014 at 9:28am
why are you thinking the kappalites are not up to the job? iirc, they have quite big xmax, and it wont get any louder with a different chassis in a BPH, so only thing would be power handling. i dont like power compression, so i would not give any 15" in a sealed chamber more then 500w rms, but offcourse thats up to you.
all bass idea would be mine too.
Requiem View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Requiem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2014 at 12:27am
Im running 3 per side with a Void infinite 6v2 (so this should be plenty of power, as it outputs 1200w per channel at 4 ohms and obviously this would be running at 2.66), and even when i push it, im still not very impressed with the output on them. it sounds nice, but when the bass section and the mid / top are cranked up, the kick section cant keep up.
Im not too keen on the idea of more boxes. (for one, where would i put them, on the stack above?)
I wouldnt want it any taller and I would want the looney bins coupled in stacks of 6 as they are here.

If you think that's as good as im going to get, fair enough, maybe im expecting too much.
Was kind of hoping someone would suggest a better driver with more output which would suit the box Smile 

KidCreole View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KidCreole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2014 at 12:38am
Here you go. Stick these in them. More bang for your buck

http://www.beyma.com/products/lowmidfrequency/115P80ND8
Mykey Wattco
Requiem View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Requiem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2014 at 1:16am
Does anyone else concur with that? Its got a shorter xmax, higher program power though

Heathrow_B_line View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heathrow_B_line Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2014 at 1:23am
after a lot of help from forum i was pointed to the PD153er as a cheaper option then the beyma
Produce a killer sound. Take no prisoners.
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2014 at 2:18am
Not cheap but there you go.
18sound 15NLW9300
18Sound 15MB1000
BMS 15N820

Edited by MarjanM - 05 December 2014 at 2:18am
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
Requiem View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Requiem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2014 at 3:34am
Cheers for your inputs. Would appreciate people opinions on the above drivers, Pro's/cons ect
Are they suited so short horn type sealed enclosures? I beleive the kick section of the cab is similar to that of a HD15, but im no speaker builder, which is why i posted on here, the original build thread 

Edited by Requiem - 05 December 2014 at 3:34am

csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2014 at 9:23am
nice to see the old boxes

what point are you bringing the 15" section in? 3 mid bass against 6 loony bins is always going to be a big ask...

the bass section is not an HD15 and is tuned a little lower, it is much more similar to the old turbo TSE115 if anything. Personally i would stick with a good 3" coil driver, the B&C that Tony ASS likes could be a good bet, but ultimately if you want a lot of 120Hz, you probably want to go 1:1 with the subs.
“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13141516>