Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

think thisīll take 3Kw

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2005 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by rastaman rastaman wrote:

Isn't this a job for more of his Brazilian 'welding machines' 

Speaking of venting though, roborg, are you still running a plastic tube to provide cool air to the vents on your 1850's with a little fan on the end?

yep the club install 1850's are all vented with 40mm plastic tubing so that air flows directly past the rear vent.  They receive cool air from the club air conditioning, not the hot sweaty juice that passes for air inside the club
  They all work fine as long as the high pass of the horn is respected!  Two of the vent tubes melted when the coils were mashing themselves up on the backplate a while back.
  They've taken over 1.4Kw per cab fairly compressed (compressor ~3:1 before the x-over) techno for several hours stretches without overheating (so maybe a couple of hundred watts to dissipate)  When i can actually get my act together i'll do a smaart analysis & see how much power-compression they suffer over the night.
  The vented mt102's are really cute, after a good nights thrashing (1.2K per cab) the back of the drivers are pretty warm, but not hot (the rear of the drivers are exposed my my mt102s so the drivers vent directly to the outside world.
  For me, future designs will be all metal access plate cooled (like the terminator2 horn , search on the forum for a link)  I don't really like the open & quite fragile tubing anymore.

cheers,
  Rob
What I cannot create, I do not understand
ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2005 at 11:19pm
Been thinking about cooling for neo drivers in very small rear chambers (mid horns).  I think a good plan is to mould some rear chambers out of fibreglass and mount some aluminium heatsink in it next to the voice coil vents.  Maybe some parasitically powered fans on each side if necessary.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12