Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

this thing could be a game changer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemisphere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2014 at 3:41pm
A lot of the reviews talk about going out to buy a pair of speakers specifically to use with it. 
Saturnus View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saturnus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2014 at 3:41pm
Hell. Many young people even think the sound from their smartphone internal speakers is quite good.
Saturnus View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saturnus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2014 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by Hemisphere Hemisphere wrote:

A lot of the reviews talk about going out to buy a pair of speakers specifically to use with it. 

Excellent. So you buy a pair and throw one away? That thing is mono. LOL

Suggest the one I linked to before. At least they're not overpriced and honest about specs (posting a PCB picture so people can check specs for themselves really gets my approval).
Hemisphere View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemisphere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2014 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by Saturnus Saturnus wrote:

Suggest the one I linked to before. At least they're not overpriced and honest about specs (posting a PCB picture so people can check specs for themselves really gets my approval).
I think someone was having a laugh when they did that board layout...see the audio out 3.5mm jack.
Saturnus View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saturnus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2014 at 4:21pm

Originally posted by Saturnus Saturnus wrote:

I think someone was having a laugh when they did that board layout...see the audio out 3.5mm jack.

On the Mu-Go? I fail to see anything problematic about that part of the layout. The output amp chips are powered off when the output headphone jack is inserted. And what would you use the head phone jack for anyway? It's a rather pointless really but if someone does for some reason need it, it's there.
davey t View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davey t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2014 at 12:10pm
I picked up a Bluetooth Mini Cube bluetooth speaker by SAINSBURYs the other day. £10 and it's actually rather good! It even has a mini hidden passive radiator. It's 2W , bluetooth and has audio in and out!

I recommend grabbing one while it's still half price.

Just shows again what a rip-off the vamp really is. 
Minirig portable soundsystem movement
Hemisphere View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemisphere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2014 at 11:10pm
Was it part of their Taste the Difference range?
davey t View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davey t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2014 at 11:42am
Basics range
Joe Grime View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Grime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2014 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by davey t davey t wrote:

I picked up a Bluetooth Mini Cube bluetooth speaker by SAINSBURYs the other day. £10 and it's actually rather good! It even has a mini hidden passive radiator. It's 2W , bluetooth and has audio in and out!

I recommend grabbing one while it's still half price.

Just shows again what a rip-off the vamp really is. 

Just got the double version today 19.99 excellent for money.
davey t View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davey t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2014 at 10:47am
Yea the double is probably quite good. 
anthonyUK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonyUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2015 at 1:35pm
Bit of a zombie thread but I couldn't find out anywhere else about this little amp.
Regarding the headphone socket, did anyone else realise this amp works as a USB DAC?
Not bad sound quality for the money but it isn't listed anywhere in any specs.
I bought mine recently from amazon.co.uk branded as Drok.
Ganon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ganon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2015 at 2:44pm
Mary had a little lamb?

Play it backwards at you got a USB DAC.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>