Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Other plans
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

decware house wrecker

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justamadman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: decware house wrecker
    Posted: 17 August 2008 at 9:09pm
anyone built or heard one???????????

are the claims of frequency response true???????
in front of the bass bins baby
Sheggy View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2008 at 9:26pm
Looks great but

"and is considered a true isoberrek " [sic]

"no technical data is offered"

I'm no expert so I'll leave it to you guys. If any one thinks this can make my carpets levitate then I'll build one next week and get back to you

S
S

rich, ind.st View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich, ind.st Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2008 at 12:39pm
i haven't heard or built one...i would imagine the claims are reasonably accurate, not sure how accurate the bass out of one would be but imagine there would be shedloads of it
music is god
rich, ind.st View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rich, ind.st Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2008 at 12:42pm
always wanted to build a pair of imperials...they would clearly be doom based
music is god
Static Age View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Static Age Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2008 at 9:21pm
just been checking out the house wrecker, its got me interested alright.

do you think it would be ok for PA use as a sub, what about stacking issues raised by the port positioning.

i have a double 15" reflex (eminence book design) in my van, tempted to build a mdf house wrecker & use the same drivers to see how it performs in comparrison. looks so simple..

Edited by Static Age - 18 August 2008 at 9:29pm
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Static Age Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2008 at 6:14pm
only took a few hours & heres the results
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2008 at 6:22pm
Is it honestly that easy? Wow.

How does it sound?
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Static Age Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2008 at 6:39pm
it couldnt be more straight forward Toasty. The pics show the cab minus the access panels, they are simpley the ends of the box.

I built it as i was intrigued with its simple design & claimed performance, I got the MDF very cheaply so its probably cost less than £15 to build.

Its currently loaded with car audio woofers which really did the business in my van when in a reflex box.

I used this as i could give a direct comparisson between the house wrecker & a double reflex.

the house wrecker gets nice and low as predicted & the bass is exceptionally hi fi sounding, infact i really like the sound of this thing!

compared to the reflex cab the house wrecker was really lacking in terms of spl, after a bit of fiddling i have put this down to the drivers used.

I'm would really like to test this with proper PA drivers, the info regarding loading is here.

Problem is all of my bass cabs are loade with 18" drivers, buying 2 or more 15" drivers is going to be a tad expensive just for a test.

Do any SP members have some drivers they would like to use in this cab to run a test, 2 decent 15's would be great, 4 would be even better.

the drivers could come to me for the test as amps/ processing is also in my posession or i could bring the unloaded house wrecker to another destination (if not too far) to perform the test with someone elses kit.

it could prove to be a dissapointment but the potential of a quad 15" bandpass really interests me.

Edited by Static Age - 02 September 2008 at 6:41pm
FlipC View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FlipC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2008 at 8:35am
I built one myself end of last year.
I changed it a bit. First I built it to hold a pair of 18's and moved the top port to the front.
The end results were not great. So I threw those 18's back into the horns they came out of.
Next I purchased 2 Dayton DVC385-88 15" DVC Series subwoofers and remodeled for those.
That worked out better but still did not produce SPL anywhere close to a horn loaded sub.
I have been thinking about putting 2 of the Eminence Lab12 Generation II 12" subwoofer's into them and also testing out filling the center chamber with deadening material.

A note is that inside my house these things sound great.
They had no problem going down to the 20Hz.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Static Age Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2008 at 12:41pm
sounds like the house wrecker is a quality over quantity cabinet.
darkmatter View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkmatter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2008 at 5:42pm
seems like 7th order bandpass is difficult to tune correctly and won't work to it's full potential with any old drivers thrown in...
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Static Age Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2008 at 6:00pm

Just been giving the house wrecker another listen with some Jungle. really sounds great with rolling bass lines.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>