Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Budget Soundsystem with Turbosound

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 20>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Futendra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Futendra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Budget Soundsystem with Turbosound
    Posted: 23 June 2017 at 4:42pm
Is it an option to completely remove the passive crossover?
Futendra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Futendra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2017 at 2:41pm
We did some measurements yesterday. All driver cones are fine and all impedances are right.

What we did notice is that the wiring is done in a very strange way;

We tested which pin goes to what wire on the left side of the filter with a multimeter and this was the result:
High + leads to yellow
High - leads to green
Mid + leads to white
Mid - leads to black
Bass + leads to red and blue
Bass - leads to red and blue

If I assume the filter just mirrors the left cable to the right one, this would mean that the colour coding is all wrong, but mainly that both the positive and the negative lead to both the connections of the bass drivers.

Assuming the filter mirrors, this would be the final output:
Blue leads to red
Red leads to black
Black leads to brown
White leads to blue
Green leads to white
Yellow leads to green

Meaning that the connectors are actually wired like this:
High + leads to yellow (green)
High - leads to green (white)
Mid + leads to white (blue)
Mid - leads to black (brown)
Bass + leads to red and blue (black and red)
Bass - leads to red and blue (black and red)

The wiring of the drivers:
High + Green
High - White
Mid + Brown
Mid - Bluw
Bass + Red
Bass - Black

This clearly explains why we barely had any bass response. The polarity is all messed up. But now I am kind of stuck. How could it be that the connector leads to both black and red?

Does anyone have a picture of the wiring inside a TMS-3?

Edited by Futendra - 23 June 2017 at 2:51pm
Futendra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Futendra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2017 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by cravings cravings wrote:

have you even checked the drivers?

Not yet, I can't currently reach them, but we will ASAP.
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2017 at 4:15pm
have you even checked the drivers?
Futendra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Futendra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2017 at 3:08pm
Of course we would first consider reconing if that can fix it. But isn't there a big chance that the magnets of the drivers lost magnitude?
BJtheDJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BJtheDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2017 at 6:19am
Originally posted by shagnasty shagnasty wrote:

Originally posted by Futendra Futendra wrote:

Just to make an estimate; what modern-day drivers are suitable as a replacement?
NONE!!!!

A load of clueless deaf pricks have posted some much shit on here, but you are buying Turbo box, the moment you load a non-turbo driver it is no longer a Turbosound solution, it is a poverty solution....

You are seconds away from a "(poverty) Andriod phone and 4 cyclinder FWD car.....

Many people shout complete crap about "better" this "better" batter that, but they probably either have £100, 000 to spend checking each driver change or more likely need to Spend £100 having a local farmer suck out their bullshit.

The above opinions are simple of somebody that has litterally made £xxx,xxx from running, teching and gigging these boxes, I am sure some clueless Ket-head will "proper sort my rig" with his shibox XTA

LOL
Best rant I've read for a long time Wink
Only users lose drugs
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2017 at 1:48am
Originally posted by Futendra Futendra wrote:

Just to make an estimate; what modern-day drivers are suitable as a replacement?
NONE!!!!

A load of clueless deaf pricks have posted some much shit on here, but you are buying Turbo box, the moment you load a non-turbo driver it is no longer a Turbosound solution, it is a poverty solution....

You are seconds away from a "(poverty) Andriod phone and 4 cyclinder FWD car.....

Many people shout complete crap about "better" this "better" batter that, but they probably either have £100, 000 to spend checking each driver change or more likely need to Spend £100 having a local farmer suck out their bullshit.

The above opinions are simple of somebody that has litterally made £xxx,xxx from running, teching and gigging these boxes, I am sure some clueless Ket-head will "proper sort my rig" with his shibox XTA

LOL
Futendra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Futendra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2017 at 5:18pm
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2017 at 5:13pm
i think (i'm not 100%) that there were a couple of different models of drivers in these. early ones may have had fane drivers, later ones PD drivers. they'd have different turbo model numbers. worth investigating.
Futendra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Futendra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2017 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by cravings cravings wrote:

are they using original drivers too?

I think so, otherwise he would have said so.
Dutchman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dutchman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2017 at 4:18pm
Check polarity on the speakers. Which amps? 
We need more SPL!
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2017 at 4:08pm
are they using original drivers too?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 20>
  Share Topic