Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tops for Roots reggae?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knet94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2016 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by yat yat wrote:

Bass Horse - Just wondering how you are splitting the signal to the 2" 1" and bullets?

Just thought i would add something to what basshorse said. When i first got my 4590s I still ran the bullets as well for a short time as I use DBMark 2 in 6 outs so was running 6 way for a while. I found that there was no real benefit to it and it was just using up an extra amp. The 1" section of the 4590 is a completely different beast to other 1" comps and really is optimized for 6khz to 20khz. that combined with the 2" is the sweetest to my ears.
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2016 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by knet94 knet94 wrote:

Bass Horse - Just wondering how you are splitting the signal to the 2" 1" and bullets?

Just thought i would add something to what basshorse said. When i first got my 4590s I still ran the bullets as well for a short time as I use DBMark 2 in 6 outs so was running 6 way for a while. I found that there was no real benefit to it and it was just using up an extra amp. The 1" section of the 4590 is a completely different beast to other 1" comps and really is optimized for 6khz to 20khz. that combined with the 2" is the sweetest to my ears.

Is that 1" available as separate unit ?
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
BASSHORSE View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BASSHORSE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2016 at 8:27am

When you say "I personally use a bss fds310 for 2" & bullets" are you saying that is the sole purpose for the BSS FDS310 in that configuration and would you have other crossovers/equipment managing other frequencies e.g. bass and mids?

yes mate,.i use mostec or ligwa on bass then use which ever crossover for the high ends & mids for varible control,but you have some good pre amps ther so you will soon avit sounding sweet,.the ligwa saves a lot ov assle as its 5way,.ive run the horn & bullets from ther direct & it sounds clean,.but im always tattin about with other combo's so always changin,the bss is in use most as it in my front room set up runnin 1x2" & 1 bullet inbetween 2 active monitors ontop ov 4 scoops :) sounds good,.but wen i play out i use the dynacords for stereo 4way,i run the bass out the low into the mostec then into amps sometimes for the rumble & that way i can control the cut off on the bass & control everything off one unit,but i like the sound ov the dyncord & a parametric on low sometimes,.like i say im always tattin Smile Thumbs Up
[/QUOTE]
BASSHORSE View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BASSHORSE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2016 at 8:33am
but as above the bms will take some beating,.ive got seperate horns but if i had the money i would be looking to buy the bms4590 on one horn as ive got ther 1" & 1.4"s & they sound nice,.Thumbs Up
luton_soundman View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2016 at 10:25am
Yeah the charlie ligwa pre is quite good and useful
Sound Hire/Sales new/used equipment.
BASSHORSE View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BASSHORSE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2016 at 11:09am

this is how the ligwa now looks,,the above was the prototype i belive,.nice bit ov kit Thumbs Up

toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2016 at 11:17am
Originally posted by levyte357- levyte357- wrote:

I think it uses a unique diaphragm assembly that isn't in any other BMS unit, but it only plays from 6KHz up in that coax anyway.

Just buy the coax, those and the 4594 are insane. You'd definitely only need one per side.
knet94 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knet94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2016 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by levyte357- levyte357- wrote:

No Lev unless it's a very recent addition to their range. If you're interested in it just buy the 4590s and sell your other 2"s.
luton_soundman View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2016 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by BASSHORSE BASSHORSE wrote:

this is how the ligwa now looks,,the above was the prototype i belive,.nice bit ov kit Thumbs Up

Yes it was the prototype i took home to test and a/b to see where it lacks what needs changing and how it can be better. Feedback session to contribute to the final product before it was mass produced and put on the market.
Sound Hire/Sales new/used equipment.
BASSHORSE View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BASSHORSE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2016 at 6:49am
respek to that luton Thumbs Up
Tweeter_Box View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tweeter_Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2016 at 10:01am

the ev dh1's are nice if you can fing them cheap anough,. i run 2"1" & bullets so got all base's covered,...nothing sounds like a 2"tho, not even the 1.4",.the vocal you get from the 2" cant be replicated by nothing else,. 2" = big sound & loud Thumbs Up

fa real, 2" wicked ClapStar

heres the dynacords,.i just use the mid hi for 2" horns & the hi for bullets or 1" ,thers a few ways,.but everybody does ther way a little bit differant,..mines old'ish school,.ive had 3 lms,,but still prefere the system totally analog for my taste,..Thumbs Up

Beautiful bit a kit Clap

P audio 2 is probably the most used and affordable comp out there, especially in the reggae field, youd be surprised how many sound systems out here use them, even alot of the biggest sounds in the uk use them but keep quiet bout it Wink

the bms coax is very nice sounding unit for a 2+1" but so are most other 2+1 non coax combos when xovered right
https://www.facebook.com/PurpleAudioRecords
SatvaSounds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SatvaSounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2016 at 7:53pm
right to bring this back about comp drivers,    ...  \for a 2 stack soundsystem,   2 scoops 2 kicks/twin cab, 2 mids , would i need x2  2" comps aswell or just 1 and tweeters?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>