Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tops for the THAM15

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jebimasta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tops for the THAM15
    Posted: 26 May 2016 at 7:18pm
Evening Folks!

So I did some business with Tony Wilkes before he sadly passed, and built myself a small system, FTH12 + F208. They're superb Big smile.

I also built a pair of THAM 15s Because... well why not?

So given that the F208 is a perfect top for the FTH12, What should I build for the THAM 15s?

Is there a cab out there that would do the job? Something that would keep up with 2 THAM15 a side, I'm aiming to expand a little in the future.

Aesthetically I like the idea of something that looks like a bigger version of the F208.
rish View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2016 at 9:14pm
F210?
Jebimasta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jebimasta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2016 at 10:24pm
I didn't know there was one!

I can't seem to search the forum for f210, the search times out. Do you have any handy links?
DMorison View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMorison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2016 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by Jebimasta Jebimasta wrote:

I didn't know there was one!

I can't seem to search the forum for f210, the search times out. Do you have any handy links?

There isn't one, not least because BMS don't make 10" drivers.

I guess Rish either didn't know that or was suggesting designing an upscaled version yourself, though obviously that would be a bit more work.
Jebimasta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jebimasta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2016 at 1:14pm
Hah Okay.

Well I certainly don't mind doing the cab design work myself, I'd just struggle to pair up woofers with a compression driver.

I know there's plenty of THAM15s out there, what do other people use them with?
tv00 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2016 at 9:17pm
Orbit 4s is my standard answer, I'm impressed by price / quality
www.facebook.com/babysoundsystem
rish View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2016 at 10:13pm
Hey guys.. been busy at a gig the whole day. Please bear in mind that bms is not the only one that make drivers. If bms does not make 10 inch speakers it's not the end of the world. There are very good offerings from b and c, eighteen sound, rcf etc.. if a slightly bigger cab is needed you can design your cab to suit chosen drivers. Not a hard cab to construct. The comp you have now should be fine. Have never heard the orbit but does look very nice.

Rish
tv00 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2016 at 10:16pm
I think the cost is lower depending on how much you like building speakers.
I prefer 3 way tops always
always
www.facebook.com/babysoundsystem
rish View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2016 at 10:46pm
My tops are single 15 and comp. Faital 15fx560 and hf144. I have 8 of them. There is a reason that I have this cabs. I also do have tham 15 for smaller gigs and dual 18 cabs for bigger gigs.
I often do several gigs at the same time and need my tops to be versatile but effective from being used as monitors to just PA and dance. Doing weddings that just require tops only and maby 2 bass cabs and 21st party's that we setup a cracking sound. 3 dual 18's and 3 of my tops either side of a dance floor makes for some serious sound, to me that is. I had in the past dual 12, dual 10, single 8 or 12 and comp but what I have now works for me. No one can tell you what's better. You need to find what works best for you and the only way to do that is make some saw dust.
 Post Reply Post Reply