Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Plan Requests
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TSW-718 vs USB Sub

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big-mach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TSW-718 vs USB Sub
    Posted: 27 October 2009 at 8:14am
Hi guys, im new in this forum, and i've been looking around a bit. Whats the dirrerence between the USB Sub and the TSW-718(and do anyone have the plan for this).

I need 4 new dual 18" woofers, and im not sure what to build, og what drivers to use, any ideas?

Jacob, Big-Mach
Edward James View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2009 at 8:27am
if you need dual 18" in one box so go for USB big mach
Big-mach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big-mach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2009 at 8:31am
is the output bigger? and with witch driver?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2009 at 8:32am
yup big mach the output is bigger. on my USB i used celestion driver.
Big-mach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big-mach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2009 at 8:35am
Okay, what about BMS or Eminence?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2009 at 8:42am
i dont know about BMS coz i dont have that driver but the eminence driver i heard that with the usb it sound good then...
Big-mach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big-mach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2009 at 8:43am
Cool...tnks
james folkes View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote james folkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2009 at 10:28am
i'd possibly seek a few more opinions on this first, usb was designed as a kick bin to compliment lab horn subwoofers, tsw718 is an all round bass bin. if you are not planning on using these above subs then i would think a little longer about the tse218/tsw718 style cabinets. they're bigger than the usb and go lower correspondingly, an open source equivalent of these (current production) turbosound boxes might be staipers es18bph. i understand people have made these as a double cab and had great success, allegedly they're really not a million miles from funktion one f218s.

james.
mardy hippy.
Big-mach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big-mach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2009 at 12:01pm
Is the output as big?... I love the output og the 718!
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote james folkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2009 at 12:27pm
i take it you mean loud mig-mach? tsw218 and tsw718 are fairly comparable in terms of out and out spl, tsw218 gets more extension on the bottom end. i've not compared usbs, es18s and turbo bins all in one sitting, but from what i do know the usb is just a bit too small to be a stand alone bass solution, the es18 is far more usable.

but yeah, all of these bandpass horns absolutely hoof it out, they all offer massive cabinet gain over something like a reflex cabinet and have a fast sound, but the pay off is you don't get the low end extension, hence the suggestion that if you do want to go with this kind of box design then i would make the bigger ones (es18bph doubles).

james.
mardy hippy.
dj-panoramix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dj-panoramix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2009 at 1:01pm
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote james folkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2009 at 1:39pm
it's the word "buy" that lets these ones down for me (not least of all because i have four bph optimised triple spider neodymium pd drivers - turbo ls1812.2 - simply crying out for a new home)... anyway, jacob's in copenhagen, probably not ideally located to get stuff from a uk builder?

james.
mardy hippy.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>