Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Turbosound thl-811 & Tms-4 value - Need input !
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Turbosound thl-811 & Tms-4 value - Need input !

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2012 at 12:20am
Something like this :-

Aztor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aztor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2012 at 12:22am
Originally posted by shagnasty shagnasty wrote:

personally unless you plan a BIG sanding job I wouldn't try overcoating with it "tuff-cab" it only really sticks well to wood (even filler is an issue so 20 year old Trimite might not key too well!) I just use black eggshell for the inner bits and tri-mite for the outer....

Maybe a stupid question. Is there blue Trimite? I want the "turbo blue" outside, and black inside.

Tedski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tedski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2012 at 7:36am
Originally posted by Aztor Aztor wrote:

I have now bought the lot!

Mega jealous! You have a lovely system! We want pics!

AJordan View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJordan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2012 at 8:56pm

What are the bottom cabs in this pic?
Aztor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aztor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2012 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by Tedski Tedski wrote:

Originally posted by Aztor Aztor wrote:

I have now bought the lot!

Mega jealous! You have a lovely system! We want pics!

Hehe, looking forward getting them. I also have brought 2x TSE-211. So looking forward to it!

shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2012 at 12:09am
Originally posted by AJordan AJordan wrote:

What are the bottom cabs in this pic?
Dunno, looks like someone has taken a TSW-718, chopped it in half, modded for 15mm birch ply, loaded a PD 18Neo driver into it and made a 118 bass box my ex girlfriend could carry on her own....

LOL
AJordan View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJordan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2012 at 3:35pm
Ha! Looks like a nice compact solution. How did they sound?
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2012 at 4:05pm
Stonking, TBH a bit overpowering with the 18 in the TMS-4 as well, we run them 25-120 with a -8db on the output of the Soundweb for band stuff as the Kick get a bit, well imposing with the TMS-4s in from 80Hz, the Neo drivers are fast, nearly as fast as the TMS-4 PDs,  the box doesn't go mega low but for the stuff I do I am not interested in slow bass, short horn length and punch over ridulous gurgling extension everytime, if I want to go lower I just stack the whole shooting match onto some 121s and run 5 way, seems to work!!
Smile
AJordan View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJordan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2012 at 5:25pm
I like the sound of that and the look. If they are on the floor rather than on stage as in the pic are the tops still at a reasonable height for projection?
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2012 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by AJordan AJordan wrote:

I like the sound of that and the look. If they are on the floor rather than on stage as in the pic are the tops still at a reasonable height for projection?

In a word, NOPE! Utterly useless! It not by accident our leads trunks as a very similar size to those bins!!!!!Big smile
AJordan View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJordan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2012 at 5:35pm
Nice one!
Aztor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aztor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2012 at 11:31pm

Driver update:

All 18" working. Non of the other drivers working. Recone or completly new drivers? I'm not completly sure what I should look for. 

One of the networks of the TMS-4 looks like its molded. 

thl-811

Top: CD-165 16ohm, and one have CD-105. 

MID: LS-1012 (PD) 16ohm 

Tms-4

Top: CD-102

Mid: LS-1004

Some pics:

First: rusty network of TMS-4 - http://bildr.no/view/1187789

Second: 811- missing driver - http://bildr.no/view/1187790

Third: 1" for TMS-4 - http://bildr.no/view/1187791

Edited by Aztor - 23 May 2012 at 11:34pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>