Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Turbosound TSE 211/215 Good? And Value?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aztor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Turbosound TSE 211/215 Good? And Value?
    Posted: 11 May 2012 at 9:18pm

Ok, So I'm having a "turbo rush" this month. I have just bought 4x TMS4 & 4x THL-811 I have seen some other turbo for sale. 

Is the TSE 211 and 215 good? I did only find one good thread regarding the 211. And a couple of threads regarding copys of the 215's. Whats the value of the 211 & 215? And how do they sound? 

Is 400£ per box cheap? (Same price for the subs and tops). The shape of the boxes and drivers are good. There is 8x 211 8x215 for sale. 

I know its an old box, but its Turbo. LOL And would it be possible to mix with the TMS4 or THL811? 

will_i_am View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote will_i_am Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2012 at 5:14am
Originally posted by Aztor Aztor wrote:

Ok, So I'm having a "turbo rush" this month. I have just bought 4x TMS4 & 4x THL-811 I have seen some other turbo for sale. 

Is the TSE 211 and 215 good? I did only find one good thread regarding the 211. And a couple of threads regarding copys of the 215's. Whats the value of the 211 & 215? And how do they sound? 

Is 400£ per box cheap? (Same price for the subs and tops). The shape of the boxes and drivers are good. There is 8x 211 8x215 for sale. 

I know its an old box, but its Turbo. LOL And would it be possible to mix with the TMS4 or THL811? 

the 211's seem fairly rare, basically two tse111's stuck together, which is the 10'' and 1'' section of the tms4, they would mix but i wouldnt be confident i could array them properly and avoid comb filter city.. i cant picture how it would all fit together with what you have now! what do you have to go below the 811's and tms4 at the moment? £400 a box is about the going rate depending on condition i would say.. i think for that kind of money there is better low end to be had.. do you want to build a fully vintage turbo system?
will_i_am View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote will_i_am Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2012 at 1:26pm
are these 211's the 2*10'' stacked horizontally or vertically? ive seen both up for sale in times gone by
Aztor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aztor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2012 at 3:39pm
I'm pretty sure its the vertically stackable 211s. How do they compare against the TMS-4 on mid-top?

add on.

Just saw they are selling 24x Crown MA 5000VZ + 16x MA3600. and a lot more. Tongue

Edited by Aztor - 12 May 2012 at 3:44pm
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2012 at 4:29pm
The TSE-211 V2 was half a TMS-3 with a pair of 1" on a V2 device, really  impressive SPL...

The HF Guide is ontop of the 2 10"s so they would sit on a TMS-4 and array well...

will_i_am View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote will_i_am Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2012 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by shagnasty shagnasty wrote:

The TSE-211 V2 was half a TMS-3 with a pair of 1" on a V2 device, really  impressive SPL...

The HF Guide is ontop of the 2 10"s so they would sit on a TMS-4 and array well...

i bow to your old croc wisdom!Smile maybe the horizontal ones ive seen were frakenstien boxes someone had made or custom?
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2012 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by will_i_am will_i_am wrote:

i bow to your old croc wisdom!Smile maybe the horizontal ones ive seen were frakenstien boxes someone had made or custom?
Could be custom, also don't forget you can spin the Mid-hi in a TMS-4 by 90 degrees to hang it in a small room so perhaps some-one got beered up and a bit creative.....

Big smile
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2012 at 4:50pm
4D View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2012 at 8:58pm

you can spin the Mid-hi in a TMS-4 by 90 degrees 

Star

Edited by 4D - 12 May 2012 at 8:59pm
DMZ. "The bass was intense. Girls were literally running up to stand next to the subs"
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2012 at 9:25pm
The Mid-device and and 1" wave guide form a square so you can whip then out and put them back in @ 90 degrees so you can hang them on their sides for installs with low ceilings or that require more width...

Smile
Aztor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aztor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2012 at 11:57pm
shagnasty: Looks like you know a lot regarding Turbo cabs! Thanks. Clap

I did see the PDF before I started the thread. If they basically are  a TMS-3, minus bass, then it's great.  I found an excel file containing the replacement drivers for turbosound speakers, and looks like the same drivers are used in the tse-211 & TMS-4, confirming what shagnasty said. 
4D View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2012 at 12:52am

The Mid-device and and 1" wave guide form a square so you can whip then out and put them back in @ 90 degrees so you can hang them on their sides for installs with low ceilings or that require more width...

Smile

I have never seen one like that, surely the surround is cut out for the two mouldings from one piece of ply. ??

DMZ. "The bass was intense. Girls were literally running up to stand next to the subs"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>