Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Turbosound TSE 211/215 Good? And Value?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aztor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2012 at 12:36am
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2012 at 12:38am
I don't think a HD15 will get to 250, A USB def won't and I have no idea what a ES18-bph will do but the only 18" I've seen make 250 in a horn is the LS-180x....

May get a bit muddy..

Smile
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2012 at 12:38am
Originally posted by Aztor Aztor wrote:

http://www.kirsch-akustik.de/downloads/tse211.pdf

Here it says 150 LOL
it also says use a 250Hz Xover a few lines later!!!!!

LOL
Aztor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aztor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2012 at 12:45am
Originally posted by shagnasty shagnasty wrote:

http://www.kirsch-akustik.de/downloads/tse211.pdf

Here it says 150 LOL
it also says use a 250Hz Xover a few lines later!!!!!

LOL

Funny.

Would a straight horn be better suited? Less honk?
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2012 at 12:50am
Maybe, what kinda music you looking at playing? in real terms if you want sub you are gonna have to use a kick-section as I am not thinking any box will deliver a sensible response and SPL in teh 20-250Hz area, you need to run 2 boxes for that, if you can get your hands on a TSE-215 with the PD drivers you could try a pair of Neo PDs in there, there  are pretty quick with a 100Hz HPF and a big amp, if that work just make up some TSE-215 copies with those in...
You could try reflex, but I wouldn't have a clue what to suggest there, I void the disco speaker brigade like the plague...... Smile
loudnclear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loudnclear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2012 at 9:27am
Used to run a small pile of TSE215's as the bottom end on my old rig 20 odd years ago. Some were original Turbosound SSE bins and the others were built by Wigwam... Anyway, defo not what I'd consider a " sub" but a good bass bin, or what would now be referred to as a kick bin. IIRC we used to run ours up to about 250 to meet some Martin Phillies and they were happy at that. This was pre digital LMS, well at least for our budget and we were using Ashly analog x-overs.

The HD15 won't be happy going up to 250. I own 8 of them.... They honk a lot above 160. So the TSE215 is probably a good bet below your TSE211 but used from 100 to 250 sorta range and get a suitable sub under that from 30 to 100 or thereabouts if your music type demands it.
4D View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2012 at 10:59am
TSE218 loaded with oem fane or pd has to be the box for TSE211's
DMZ. "The bass was intense. Girls were literally running up to stand next to the subs"
Aztor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aztor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2012 at 12:31pm
I don't want to use BR boxes. I want it hornloaded. Wink

The TSE-218 looks like the best suited.

Whats the biggest factor of "honking"? Is it the shape of the box? or something else? I was thinking about something like the coffin-bin shorter version. And then something to go beneath.

TSE-211
TSE-218
LAB, scoops meatgrinder etc.

Or:

TSE-211
Straigt horn "coffin light"
LAB, scoops meatgrinder etc.
Aztor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aztor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2012 at 12:55pm
If I did manage to make a phase plug for a straight horn, like the coffin bin, wouldn't it have some extended range upwards in frec? Like the phase-plugged mid-tops
eltron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eltron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2012 at 1:16pm

If I did manage to make a phase plug for a straight horn, like the coffin bin, wouldn't it have some extended range upwards in frec? Like the phase-plugged mid-tops

IIRC biotec said that the plug in the coffin bin was more of a trick to reduce the front chamber size, it wasn't made to correct path length differences as such.
Geek
Aztor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aztor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2012 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by eltron eltron wrote:

IIRC biotec said that the plug in the coffin bin was more of a trick to reduce the front chamber size, it wasn't made to correct path length differences as such.
Geek

Yes, I know. But if I make my own phase plug, I can make it so it will correct path length differences.
simo69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simo69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2017 at 9:38am
TSE215 WITH THE LS1507 DRIVERS ARE PERFECT FOR COUPLING TO YOUR TSE111, USED WITH TSW721 UNDERNEATH FOR SUB - ROCKING !
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123