Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ultra drive RIP?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuclearbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ultra drive RIP?
    Posted: 03 August 2015 at 9:56pm
So this happened to one of our spare ultra drives
Any one know what's happened to it ?

Haven't checked if the other channels work but doubtful as I ant select anything

Is it a common fault that some one knows about?

one life - have fun!
Force fusion pro audio
nuclearbass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuclearbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2015 at 9:57pm
Argh
It's upside down 😳

Although I don't think that's the problem here lol
one life - have fun!
Force fusion pro audio
all bass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote all bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2015 at 8:20am
Ribbon cable.
https://www.instagram.com/my_modular_journey/
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuclearbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2015 at 10:49am
Can that really cause that?

I thought that just caused interference on channels
one life - have fun!
Force fusion pro audio
all bass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote all bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2015 at 11:54am
It causes all kinds of issues. Intermittend display failure, channels dropping, etc.

Could also be a defect display. But with any DCX failure i'd check that ribbon first.Lamp
https://www.instagram.com/my_modular_journey/
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2015 at 11:59am
Originally posted by nuclearbass nuclearbass wrote:

Argh
It's upside down 😳

Although I don't think that's the problem here lol

No - that could be the problem. Behringer electrons tend to float around a lot more than the rest, so upside down device could throw them off their normal route.   Star

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2015 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by all bass all bass wrote:

Ribbon cable.

+ 1
studio45 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote studio45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2015 at 3:05pm
If it's not the ribbon cables, then the EEPROM might have become corrupted. If this is the case, there is a fix: because it's in a socket rather than soldered in, you can take an EEPROM out of a working unit, and use that to try and boot your unit up. 
If it does boot from the new chip, and seems to be working correctly, then while it's powered up put your corrupted chip back in, and use a PC and serial cable to re-flash the firmware onto it. Your chip should then work again.
Studio45 - Repairs & Building Commotion Soundsystem -Mobile PA
njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2015 at 9:42pm
  Interestingly, mine flashes the same two rows of leds on powering up, don't have any issues (and never have had) with it though.Confused
RobinMatrix View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobinMatrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2015 at 10:25pm
And, not that it is relevant to this thread, but it is Behringer related ... I heard from a local contact that there is a round of redundancies at the Behringer/Turbosound/Klark Teknik/Midas facility here in Kidderminster ... they have apparently moved a whole bunch of the manufacturing out to China and he, along with many others who had been doing assembly work, is out of a job.
Matrix Pro Audio ::http://matrixproaudio.com/"
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuclearbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2015 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by RobinMatrix RobinMatrix wrote:

And, not that it is relevant to this thread, but it is Behringer related ... I heard from a local contact that there is a round of redundancies at the Behringer/Turbosound/Klark Teknik/Midas facility here in Kidderminster ... they have apparently moved a whole bunch of the manufacturing out to China and he, along with many others who had been doing assembly work, is out of a job.

When's matrix following suit???
one life - have fun!
Force fusion pro audio
djkeet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djkeet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2015 at 7:12pm
The screen looks like something has banged into it has the case or anything been dropped onto it?
Soundbite
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>