Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Events and Ting
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - UNIVERSITY OF DUB - 21st Nov- Power of the Trinity
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UNIVERSITY OF DUB - 21st Nov- Power of the Trinity

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zebulun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UNIVERSITY OF DUB - 21st Nov- Power of the Trinity
    Posted: 27 October 2014 at 5:56pm
Power of the Trinity

University of Dub presents Roots Dance Rockers

Friday 21st November 2014 – 10pm -6am

ALL NIGHT ROOTS REGGAE MUSIC AT LONDON’S TOP VENUE THE SCALA

With the return of JAH TUBBYS WORLD-SYSTEM

& Crew from East London

And The Roots Entertainer
CHANNEL ONE SOUND-SYSTEM

With Mikey Dread at the Itrol, Ras Kayleb, and Daughtas

And The Mighty
ABA-SHANTI-I
Earth Rocker Sound of Jah Lightning and Thunder

SCALA, 275 Pentonville Road, King's Cross, London N1 9NL

Tickets £13 in advance from Scala Box Office

http://www.scala-london.co.uk/scala/event.php?id=2481

www.ticketweb.co.uk/ or £15 at the door

http://www.universityofdub.com/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/University-of-Dub/282345931787818

All tribes welcome ~ Heartical
Behaviour ~ Daily Bread ~ Bars ~ Free smoking area ~ Record/CD and craft stalls ~ Jah Guide

University of Dub’s monthly sessions are held at The Scala in King’s Cross, which is situated in the heart of London.
The monthly sessions feature three heavy weight sound-systems playing roots reggae music and special dub plates.
The vibration in the dance is a togetherness of all nations enjoying high quality roots reggae music. Come and enjoy Jah vibes!

Zebulun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zebulun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2014 at 2:43pm
This Friday- all roads lead to The Scala - all night long session.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/University-of-Dub/282345931787818

https://www.facebook.com/events/731317190271790/

Masai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Masai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2014 at 11:16am
I'm calling this the Battle of The East!! All big guns originally from my Ends - East London - so I'm going to roll out to this one! Never heard all three of them together and I could not tell you the last time I heard Tubbys.

Should be a good dance as they all have their unique style of playing.

P.S. When I say 'battle' I'm not expecting any killa sound specials - just some friendly rivalry to nice up de dance - seen?! Just in case some people start saying how me seh how horse dead and cow fat.....

Protection!
Facebook: Masai Judah
Gee136 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gee136 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2014 at 10:20pm
Yes i

I'm working in Kent this week, I'm readying up myself to get here aswel, 3 of the best East London machines under one roof LOL ..............

Respect............. Thumbs Up
Goverment Sound (weight & treble roots machine)

When Goverment ah play, infidels, ginals & masqueraders run away.....
Masai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Masai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2014 at 4:48pm
Hail Gee!

This should be a good dance! Tubbys from 70's, Channel One from '79/80's and Aba from 90's.....
It caan flop!!

Jah willing I will see you (and any others) there.

Protection!Thumbs Up
King Simeon View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Simeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2014 at 5:19pm
I'm struggling with a head cold for this, but will be around for the early part, wanted to hear a couple of new things on Tubbs sound and hear all sounds warm in the place. Still looking forwards. 
https://www.facebook.com/KingSimeonSound?ref=stream     
https://soundcloud.com/king-simeon
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2014 at 10:50pm
Anyone here reach this?

Feedback?
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
app View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote app Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2014 at 12:04am
Originally posted by levyte357- levyte357- wrote:

Anyone here reach this?

Feedback?

Theres some evidence at the tube

"what!?"
Masai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Masai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2014 at 12:31pm
Just a lickle feedback.....

I reached there around 1:40am. Plenty people there as per usual - of the usual sort....
Tubbys done it for me. I couldn't tell the last time I heard them (I think it was a park in Hackney - in the 90sEmbarrassed) Plenty weight, mids and tops where clearer when compared to the other two sounds. The mic section was the best by far and the selection for me was good - even it was on a laptop but let's not go there!!Tongue  Aba and Channel played some nice tune. Aba played a nice tune (around 5:30) that reminded me of the early 80s Channel 1/Radics sound. Mikey played a forthcoming tune that Channel one are putting out next year which was a one drop tune by Danny Red. Wicked!Thumbs Up A dem kinnda 'Roots' tune me luv! Tubbys played a looped up version of Deuteronomy that had me skanking away like a good 'un!! On contrast to the Danny Dread tune Tubbys production was more electronic but non the worse and I like it sameway. It's developed from that sound he had in the 90's but still got the edgy but Rootical sound that we are known for down the ol' Eastend of the capital. Tubbys did start to get a bit muffled at the end but they done it for me IMHO. Aba and Mikey played well as usual.

This is the first proper Roots session I've been to for ages so can't say who played the freshers tunes but they all contributed to a nice session so me big all dem up!!Thumbs Up

I just wish that chiefs like mr King Simeon wouldn't TRY to bounce I'n'I when me a lif' up me shoe bottom dem!!LOLTongueClownWink

Anybody else go?
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2014 at 1:09pm
Heard Channel One were trying out replacement amps on sub, how did that go?
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
Masai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Masai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2014 at 1:27pm
Funny you should mention that Levy as I saw a load of amps behind Mikey and thought I don't remember seeing so many.... All different sorts and even with my bionic eye I couldn't say what the where from a far. They seem a bit heavier than when I last heard them but I wasn't near any of their stacks.
King Simeon View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King Simeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2014 at 6:48pm
If your meaning the speaker bump early on; I'm sorry. But I have to say that I wasn't driving..Embarrassed Would have been good to say hi, but setting up is like military if you want it done right and quick every time. 

I enjoyed what I was able to stay for. Always good to hear these sounds and also to note the changes in set up and how it effects the sound. Interesting times, I'm not so keen on the power thing as I haven't heard a digital amp on bass that i like the sound of. It gives a different dynamic, not as musical to my ears, but plenty more beef (though often on limited notes). 

Just as much about music section too and there's enough good music thankfully to play that sounds great.  
https://www.facebook.com/KingSimeonSound?ref=stream     
https://soundcloud.com/king-simeon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>