Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Verity audio, my new system

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RUS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Verity audio, my new system
    Posted: 10 January 2017 at 4:07pm
Got me speakers sorted at last, got the verity vt153hd last year, then saved up for two verity sub121nd subs they arrived today, getting there low power play in now, sounds good, just need a pkn xe6000 for them now when I've saved up ☹️ Lol

Sub has a 1600 watt rms 21" neo driver

Edited by RUS - 12 January 2017 at 5:43pm
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2017 at 4:14pm
nice looking Thumbs Up
BASSHORSE View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BASSHORSE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2017 at 5:17pm
these look smart,bet they sound a treat too,.Thumbs Up
jammin75 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jammin75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2017 at 5:33pm
nice set of speakers Thumbs Up
feel the vibes !!!   "Who Feels it Knows it"            Strong like Lion              
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2017 at 5:38pm
Designed by ArthurG from this very forum I believe
RUS View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RUS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2017 at 6:37pm
Hey thanks guys the whole system sounds good, each sub 69kg, next job get castors on them, Lol

Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

Designed by ArthurG from this very forum I believe

As far as my knowledge go's correct.

Running them in on a pkn xe4000 I'll see how it sounds and if happy might get the a pkn xe6000 I'll have to see as I love the sound of a toroidal amp on bass, pkn xe6000 nice and light though temping.

Funny thing is though I only ment to buy a pair of 12" full range and ended up buying this, lol

BASSHORSE View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BASSHORSE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2017 at 9:37am
just out of intrest,,what torodal amp are you using on the sub rus?..Smile
midas View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2017 at 10:22am
Also, what kind of price are they? They look promising...lol
In bass no one can hear you scream!
RUS View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RUS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2017 at 12:06pm
I was using the tops above full range before I got the subs I had a crown macro tech 3600vz on the low end 15" and I preferred the sound to the pkn, but i sold the crown to go light weight so only use pkn at the moment, after testing last night the subs sure rock, I had one sub per channel on a pkn xe4000 no where near enough power so I recon the pkn xe6000 will give them the extra power they need, the subs are set 28hz to 90hz so they sure hit the bottom notes

It's a bit of a trade off really do you go for toroidal amp that you prefer the sound of on bass or have a lighter smaller rack and go switchmode, the thing is although I preferred the low end produced with a toroidal the pkn are incredible value for money and do a fantastic job, that's just my personal taste though I'll get the pkn xe6000 as for what i want the system for small light weight rack will be better for my needs

midas View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2017 at 1:02pm
'light weight' being a relative term...

I have a small rack, 2 x pkn, eq, DB mark lms and a 12 channel mixer. It is still feckin heavy.

I will just add, that at the end of a gig we tested 1 x pkn 5002 on 4 double 18 bins, against 2 x CA12's on the same bins.

I preferred the pkn to the CA12's on those bins. We would have had 2 x CA18's on the bins but wanted one on kick.

I have since bought 4 x EAW SB650's and a second PKN5002, so bottom end should be fine now....

Edited by midas - 11 January 2017 at 1:07pm
In bass no one can hear you scream!
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2017 at 1:30pm
yep hehe. racks of 1u densely packed amps still turn out heavy heh.
RUS View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RUS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2017 at 4:06pm
Yer I get yer there still heavy but you really feel the difference in a 120kg rack vs a 60 kg one, :)

I only had one top and two subs running so far as need another amp, so look forward to hearing it all together and in a room bigger than 7ft by 13ft lol
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>