Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vintage amp Specs.HH,Citronic,Peavey, etc.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vintage amp Specs.HH,Citronic,Peavey, etc.
    Posted: 13 February 2008 at 12:32pm
Going to keep this as a sticky,so we have it as a reference, if anyone wants to add to the list please do.

HH. 

Edited by jbl_man - 26 May 2008 at 9:36pm
Be seeing you.
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2008 at 12:43pm
Be seeing you.
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2008 at 7:58pm
Crown/Amcron...all models,D150a,DC300a,etc.
Be seeing you.
TONY.A.S.S. View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2008 at 8:47am
Ian, Just took a trip down memory lane and looked at the specs you've posted. Regarding RSD. I seem to remember that the original RSD logo stood for Rotary SpeakerDevelopments. This would have been with founder Who I think was Paul Dodd. Does anyone remember any of this?
Rog View Drop Down

Rogers Archive Posts

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2008 at 10:26am
The roots of RSD go way back to 1976 when a small group of sound engineers, frustrated by the lack of high power amplifiers available in the UK, decided to design and build their own. The company name Recording Studio Design (RSD), was chosen as it reflected the aims of taking studio quality in to the live sound arena. Also one of the guys had a previous company called RSD and the name had kind of stuck!
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2008 at 12:03pm
Rog, apart from having just breached copyright rules, I suppose you were too young to remember that period of time. I seem to remember a picture of an elephant somewhere in the logo or on the adverts. surely someone must remember.
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2008 at 1:02pm
Tony--I think that you are probably right as the original partners were into making their own speaker cabinets as I think they started out as a PA hire company and I remember something about a white elephant or it could even have been a white rhino--later it turned into Recording Studio Design and then the Studiomaster name was used--cheers--John.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TONY.A.S.S. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2008 at 5:42pm
Studio master happened when the Indian guys took over. The elephant I picture might have been a Mamoth because I can picture huge great tusks.
4DPA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4DPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2008 at 5:51pm
Turbosound legacy products & more..

ftp.turbosound.com/

bs8901 compliant
andyamp View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andyamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2008 at 6:36pm
1 was at school thenGeek
a wise man changes his mind a fool does not.
http://www.matrixamplification.com/
andyamp View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andyamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2008 at 6:38pm
i hope i donot become a topic of vintageDead
a wise man changes his mind a fool does not.
http://www.matrixamplification.com/
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2008 at 6:48pm
Vintage is a good thing Andy,im sure you would be well proud when some of your handbuilt amplifiers are still running fine in 30 years time!
Be seeing you.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>