Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vintage amp Specs.HH,Citronic,Peavey, etc.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andyamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2008 at 6:59pm
well my HI-FI amps are almost there nowSmile
a wise man changes his mind a fool does not.
http://www.matrixamplification.com/
Nox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2008 at 2:12am
Anyone ever heard of a Lyonforge P400?
"We've got lumps of it round the back".
andyamp View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andyamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2008 at 8:15am
LOL
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2008 at 11:38am
Lyonforge were a cheapo amp from the late 1980`s...lower power,generally about 200watts,rather badly built,almost worthless now,occasionaly see them pop up on ebay for a tenner.
Be seeing you.
andyamp View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andyamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2008 at 11:48am
Thumbs%20Up thanks mate
i cannot say that
colint View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2008 at 11:52am
Originally posted by jbl_man jbl_man wrote:

Lyonforge were a cheapo amp from the late 1980`s...lower power,generally about 200watts,rather badly built,almost worthless now,occasionaly see them pop up on ebay for a tenner.

Not that much are they? LOL

wern't they made by a company in southend? gotta be 30 years old at least!

on the subject of old there's a pair of Rodger squire 1 x 15's on ebays to go with this amp!!!!
Never criticise another man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. Once you have, call him what you like, you're a mile away and you've got his shoes!
TRE4U2NV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRE4U2NV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2008 at 12:33pm
rsd were bought out buy a indian consurtium which was headed by jim khan who is now working for rcf as one of there sales directors but all of the good products were gone by then no more innovations just following the flow of other manufacturers they had previously mastered bussing on mixers for cheap and routing and also dsp built in on mixers after the buyout all that stopped just bland products the original designers had sweeping bass mid and tops parametric eq on each input channels and the new managment never keep any of the old schematics or designs and sadly there main designer pass away so there is no point of reference
IM SO SECRETIVE BUT I CANT TELL YOU WHY
Nox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2008 at 6:52pm
ErmmThis one might be a bit of a chllenge,but I found a mono 4 channel PA amp that's definately vintage!It was being thrown out of a local authority building so I had to have it.
It's a Pamphonic Reproducer,built in London W9!Three mike inputs and one for 'Gram'(snigger)...the reason I had to have it is because I clocked the two genuine Mullard KT66's through the top,and if they worked they would fit lovely into an old guitar amp of mine.They did work and they have been beautifully for the last 7 years!

The amp is still stuck in the garage...thinking about getting some Czech valves for it-just for fun and restoring it to it's former glory.

Bet no one's heard of it but it would be a gas if someone could enlighten me...Wink
Nox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2008 at 7:09pm
Found this...

http://www.historyofpa.co.uk/gallery/APAE/gallery_apae.htm
colint View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2008 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by Nox Nox wrote:

Found this...

http://www.historyofpa.co.uk/gallery/APAE/gallery_apae.htm

Very interesting site, loads of really good stuff from days gone bye!
Never criticise another man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. Once you have, call him what you like, you're a mile away and you've got his shoes!
Nox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2008 at 8:39pm
I'm just fascinated by old gear!If I had to buy those valves now they are probably about £80 each!

By the way my hobbies are sounds,Jameson whiskey and motorcycles...So we have two things in common!Ying%20Yang
colint View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2008 at 8:55pm
can't do the motorcycle thing, last time I tried I did the wall of death in blackwall tunnel on a Z1r! (hit the wall at 60mph) not big and not clever (and bloody painful too!)
I too am very much into vintage pa/audio stuff
(I collect the stuff much to thr dismay of the little lady)  and one of the first "big amps I ever used was a sound city 500 valve amp sounded tooooo good! but bloody good, especialy good on bass! I used to love the reggae sound of years ago with the KT88 powered amps, so powerful and such nice warm bass (and amps)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>