Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Advanced Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visualize air movement in speakers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthwestCNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2016 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by Aman Gebru Aman Gebru wrote:

Do you want me to design it for you.

It will stop all this fluid particle plasma shit that everyone wants to talk about to make themselves look good.

Pmsl. Are you up to the task? If so then yes!

Edited by SouthwestCNC - 08 April 2016 at 5:03pm
MattStolton View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattStolton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2016 at 5:46pm

Do you want me to design it for you.

It will stop all this fluid particle plasma shit that everyone wants to talk about to make themselves look good.

Well excuse me for trying to convey the reality of sound - i.e. energy wave, not involving any fecking particles!

Designing a horn is a ballache, all nigh impossible if your pumping water through it. I thought my comments may serve to at least get the correct branch of physics aimed at the task.

In another post, which you have replied in:

Oh dear, another sign maker come CAD operator who thinks he's a speaker designer.

I wonder if Mr Andrews will knock me up a new sign for my shop.
, the OP is starting off from a point of view of whether it is OK to clone a "Po Rn Horn" horn, despite the historical owner of this forum being said original designer of the commercial design, which is still in current production to at least some level.

In this thread, he is demonstrating no idea as to the fundamentals of what sound is, let alone how to do something as complex as design a 5 or 6 octave mid horn. Which he clearly then wants to flog for commercial gain.

None of this goes with the ethos or rules of the forum, or with common sense. I was just trying to point the OP towards a route which may lead to his own successful design, one he has designed and sweated to achieve, and, in which case, may he sell lots of them.

However pissing virtual water jets through a lump of fibreglass is not going to achieve sh*t, apart from generate pointless, if pretty, CAD renders.
Matt Stolton - Technical Director (!!!) - Wilding Sound Ltd
"Sparkius metiretur vestra" - "Meter Your Mains"
Jubone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jubone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2016 at 11:18pm
Here is a link to a good animation of how a port in a reflex cabinet loads a driver cone.

http://hometheaterhifi.com/volume_5_2/cmilleressayporting.html
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123