Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Void Incubus
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Void Incubus

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 21>
Author
Message
major_gloom View Drop Down
Registered User
Registered User


Joined: 06 February 2006
Status: Offline
Points: 196
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote major_gloom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2012 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by AUDIO HABIT AUDIO HABIT wrote:

haha yeah side by side it does make that fk1 dance stack look a bit old fashioned......how good would it be to have a listern to them both side by side though.....imo the f1 stack will still sound better as all the void I have heard never seem to have that top end sparkle

the void stack would be significantly louder thats for sure.
Back to Top
Father-Francis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc
Avatar

Joined: 24 October 2007
Location: Kenya ,Denmark
Status: Offline
Points: 2398
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2012 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by ermita ermita wrote:

Mykey, I still think this is pretty. I think it will not be as loud as the others but definitely will sound cleaner because of its enclosure?Confused



Mikey´s balls forgot about them , nice set of balls maybe he could make a dance stack sqeeze them balls together in some way .LOL
Music is the strongest form of magic.(+45 31879997)blakmanpro@gmail.com
Back to Top
Adam_Iron_Horse View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc
Avatar

Joined: 02 January 2010
Location: Scotland
Status: Offline
Points: 2043
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam_Iron_Horse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2012 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by Father-Francis Father-Francis wrote:


Originally posted by ermita ermita wrote:

Mykey, I still think this is pretty. I think it will not be as loud as the others but definitely will sound cleaner because of its enclosure?Confused



Mikey´s balls forgot about them , nice set of balls maybe he could make a dance stack sqeeze them balls together in some way .LOL


woulda loved to see/hear that in real life looks awesome did t not make it to the uk market then?
Back to Top
Speaker Sol View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc
Avatar

Joined: 15 September 2009
Location: Ireland
Status: Offline
Points: 1199
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speaker Sol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2012 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by Ibex Ibex wrote:

Wow, amazing design!!! I love it!

A few thoughts I want to share with you, although you all seem to be not interested...
I don't want to question Rog's design skills, but I'm wondering why he hasn't implemented his "X" multiple resonant chamber technology in his latest products like the Arcline VLF and Incubus Sub?
Is it now possible to archive similar output witout a series tuned chamber alignment and the "X" isn't necessary any more? (cutoff/sensitivity of trinity x and incubus sub are almost the same)

btw., the Incubus Sub and Trinity X are the same size for each 21inch driver and the Hyperfold offers a 15" driver the same volume like a HD15, basicly the frontage/mouth area of the new Incubus system cabs are smaller in comparison to 4xHD15 respectively 3xTrinityX.
So, what do you think where are the advantages/disadvantages? Why no series tuned chambers? Why BPH instead of a 1.6m long horn path? Why less mouth sizes?
Referring to the Incubus Air Array: Looks mean, indeed!!!
...though very similar to the Trintiy LA design studie posted on the 1st page.
What do you think how would 2x MLA or Flashline elements compare to the Air Array? Does it realy have so much more sensitivity and max SPL then other similar sized competitors?

...and it would be nice if you guys would reply on my posts!

The 'X' series are wide bandwidth sub designs 30Hz to 120Hz (Stasys and Trinity) and 40Hz to 120Hz ish for the Arcline X.

The Arcline Subs are ment to sit under the Arcline X, to add extension down to 30hz, so no point in adding a complex horn port to the cab. 


Now the Incubus is a different kettle of fish all together.  
I would think that the size of the incubus is optimum average size for a dance stack.
So with that in mind, to me it looks like Rog has gone for Power density big time, the sub and bass regions he has squeezed the loads of cones into a small space so as to acheave very high output from a small ish space. 


It would be fair to say that this is how a lot of the void designs are geared towards high power density. So as long as you can afford the amps you get a lot of sound per square foot of speaker front.

My 2c.
Back to Top
Cyklist View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc


Joined: 14 December 2007
Location: Ireland
Status: Offline
Points: 608
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyklist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2012 at 12:22am
Originally posted by Speaker Sol Speaker Sol wrote:


Originally posted by Ibex Ibex wrote:

Wow, amazing design!!! I love it!

A few thoughts I want to share with you, although you all seem to be not interested...
I don't want to question Rog's design skills, but I'm wondering why he hasn't implemented his "X" multiple resonant chamber technology in his latest products like the Arcline VLF and Incubus Sub?
Is it now possible to archive similar output witout a series tuned chamber alignment and the "X" isn't necessary any more? (cutoff/sensitivity of trinity x and incubus sub are almost the same)

btw., the Incubus Sub and Trinity X are the same size for each 21inch driver and the Hyperfold offers a 15" driver the same volume like a HD15, basicly the frontage/mouth area of the new Incubus system cabs are smaller in comparison to 4xHD15 respectively 3xTrinityX.
So, what do you think where are the advantages/disadvantages? Why no series tuned chambers? Why BPH instead of a 1.6m long horn path? Why less mouth sizes?
Referring to the Incubus Air Array: Looks mean, indeed!!!
...though very similar to the Trintiy LA design studie posted on the 1st page.
What do you think how would 2x MLA or Flashline elements compare to the Air Array? Does it realy have so much more sensitivity and max SPL then other similar sized competitors?

...and it would be nice if you guys would reply on my posts!




The 'X' series are wide bandwidth sub designs 30Hz to 120Hz (Stasys and Trinity) and 40Hz to 120Hz ish for the Arcline X.

The Arcline Subs are ment to sit under the Arcline X, to add extension down to 30hz, so no point in adding a complex horn port to the cab. 


Now the Incubus is a different kettle of fish all together.  
I would think that the size of the incubus is optimum average size for a dance stack.
So with that in mind, to me it looks like Rog has gone for Power density big time, the sub and bass regions he has squeezed the loads of cones into a small space so as to acheave very high output from a small ish space. 


It would be fair to say that this is how a lot of the void designs are geared towards high power density. So as long as you can afford the amps you get a lot of sound per square foot of speaker front.

My 2c.


+1
Power density in the incubus is off the charts!
Can't wait to come face to face with the beast!
Amp racks must need a serious mains behind them!
purple monkey dishwasher
Back to Top
SamV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc
Avatar

Joined: 21 October 2008
Location: London
Status: Offline
Points: 8203
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2012 at 12:29am
Originally posted by AUDIO HABIT AUDIO HABIT wrote:

No,..i have listend to stastys,inpulse,primes in there top box prouducts,..and although great,just not to my taste at the top end,everything else is wicked,..bass,kick,mid,...its probably just me tbh,but I love that hifi sound and also enjoy good top end as much as bass,there prob never crossed high enought for me thats all

But still look forward to hearing tbe rest of the range like arcline,what is doing top end in these?,and I wonder if they are used in this dance stack


I too prefer the hifi sound. The Arclines are the only Void tops I like.
Back to Top
nineleaves View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc
Avatar

Joined: 31 August 2007
Status: Offline
Points: 1327
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nineleaves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2012 at 12:39am
Gotta say, i really rather liked the arcline on hearing it at plasa... thats unusual for a line array ..wonder where the butterfly configuration went to ? :o
Back to Top
Mircea Bartic View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc
Avatar

Joined: 18 February 2005
Location: Romania
Status: Offline
Points: 2459
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mircea Bartic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2012 at 12:46am
I'm writing this from Frankfurt at this moment. Today I have been at the Void Audio stand and was totally amazed at how beautifull the Incubus top is. I had a long discussion with Rog and also managed to have a listen (in angerEvil Smile) He told me that after 18:00 when the show is over he will give us a demo at full power (well almost as it turns out that the Infinite 8' needed to power the subs would have put the van overweight ) they used the lightweight models to power the whole stack so the subs were only getting about 500W RMS/speaker.
Believe me, it was more than enough. As Rog played some really mental Electro track I was looking up to see if the glass windows they have on top of the building are holding. I was really afraid something would give way sooner or late rand fall into my head.

It's a really nice product and I'm usually never easy to impress.Wink

this is a picture of Rog and me (I was really impressed as he recognised me as I was wondering into the booth even though we never met beforeTongue)


a picture of the stack


the top


the really sexy back



there are more pictures to come



Edited by Mircea Bartic - 23 March 2012 at 12:49am
general manager & head designer at nexus-acoustics research
http://www.facebook.com/nexus.acoustics.research

Ex Nexus_3
Back to Top
kevinmcdonough View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc
Avatar

Joined: 27 June 2005
Location: Glasgow
Status: Offline
Points: 3514
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinmcdonough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2012 at 12:49am
Originally posted by Speaker Sol Speaker Sol wrote:

Originally posted by Ibex Ibex wrote:

Wow, amazing design!!! I love it!

A few thoughts I want to share with you, although you all seem to be not interested...
I don't want to question Rog's design skills, but I'm wondering why he hasn't implemented his "X" multiple resonant chamber technology in his latest products like the Arcline VLF and Incubus Sub?
Is it now possible to archive similar output witout a series tuned chamber alignment and the "X" isn't necessary any more? (cutoff/sensitivity of trinity x and incubus sub are almost the same)

btw., the Incubus Sub and Trinity X are the same size for each 21inch driver and the Hyperfold offers a 15" driver the same volume like a HD15, basicly the frontage/mouth area of the new Incubus system cabs are smaller in comparison to 4xHD15 respectively 3xTrinityX.
So, what do you think where are the advantages/disadvantages? Why no series tuned chambers? Why BPH instead of a 1.6m long horn path? Why less mouth sizes?
Referring to the Incubus Air Array: Looks mean, indeed!!!
...though very similar to the Trintiy LA design studie posted on the 1st page.
What do you think how would 2x MLA or Flashline elements compare to the Air Array? Does it realy have so much more sensitivity and max SPL then other similar sized competitors?

...and it would be nice if you guys would reply on my posts!

The 'X' series are wide bandwidth sub designs 30Hz to 120Hz (Stasys and Trinity) and 40Hz to 120Hz ish for the Arcline X.

The Arcline Subs are ment to sit under the Arcline X, to add extension down to 30hz, so no point in adding a complex horn port to the cab. 


Now the Incubus is a different kettle of fish all together.  
I would think that the size of the incubus is optimum average size for a dance stack.
So with that in mind, to me it looks like Rog has gone for Power density big time, the sub and bass regions he has squeezed the loads of cones into a small space so as to acheave very high output from a small ish space. 


It would be fair to say that this is how a lot of the void designs are geared towards high power density. So as long as you can afford the amps you get a lot of sound per square foot of speaker front.

My 2c.



yeah exactly what I was gonna say, its all about bandwidth. The "X" range of cabinets are designed to be stand alone cabs and to cover a full bandwidth of bass and sub right up to meet the top, with no extra kick cabs or two way bass needed. The horn path gives the sensitivity in the upper area and the resonant chambers fills in the low.

However the the Arcline VLF doesnt need to play high because its only designed to fill out the very low sub below the arcline X which by dint of its super compact size for a double 15 horn only makes it down to 40hz (and its a fair piece of magic that it even makes that with the horn sensitivity in such a small cab).

Similarly your going for two way bass in the stack and so the bottom cab again doesnt need to reach all the way up to the tops and can do without the horn section.


In terms of the top end it does have huge sensitivity and volume compared to the other speakers you mention like MLA, but thats mostly just sheer number of drivers. Turned on its side an MLA is around the same size as the top section (just over a metre long) but they are designed to achieve different things. The MLA has much longer horn paths for the 12"ers as well as large ported rear chambers and can play down to 63 hertz or something, meaning they only need a one way sub system below it which is much more practical and easy to set up for the large scale touring its designed for.

The incubus top is able to get away with much shorter horn paths cos it only has to play down to around 100, if even that, to meet its two way bass system, and so with the majority of the space not being taken up by both linger horn paths and also rear chambers that need to be ported Rog has been able to double the number of drivers in every pass band,

two 400w 12"ers in MLA against voids four 900w drivers
two 200w 6.5" drivers against four 3" 250w compression drivers
three 1" 50w comps against six 80w comps.

as well as use higher power handling models. So yeah different design for a different purpose and use case, and as people have said Rog has crammed power into a super tight size.


And in terms of the Trinity top i suspect this is indeed the same, or extreamly simillar, horn design that was pictures. He also spoke then about it having crazy power and sensitivity figures dire to cramming loads of drivers in, but when they pulled the Arcline 12 cabinet off the catalogue (any news on that by the way? Supposedly was pulled to make some design tweeks, was a fantastic sounding box!) i assume the decided to move away from trying to enter the line array market and concentrate on their install stuff.


k


Back to Top
SamV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc
Avatar

Joined: 21 October 2008
Location: London
Status: Offline
Points: 8203
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2012 at 1:00am
Thankfully Rog's sense in fashion doesn't transfer across to his cabs :p
Back to Top
toastyghost View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc
Avatar

Joined: 09 January 2007
Location: Manchester
Status: Online
Points: 8439
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2012 at 1:13am
Originally posted by SamV SamV wrote:

Thankfully Rog's sense in fashion doesn't transfer across to his cabs :p



Ha, I was gonna say, people were saying there was a bit too much going on aesthetically with the bottom half of the stack, but clearly Rog has the same approach to his wardrobe too

Edited by toastyghost - 23 March 2012 at 1:13am
Back to Top
VentureSound View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc
Avatar

Joined: 18 October 2009
Location: London NW2
Status: Offline
Points: 942
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VentureSound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2012 at 1:39am
Nope, the bass ripped his jeans apart!
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 21>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.078 seconds.