Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

void stasys x v1 amp choice?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speaker Sol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2017 at 12:45am
Originally posted by Liteworks Liteworks wrote:

Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

Originally posted by Speaker Sol Speaker Sol wrote:

There are Stasys X v1 that are loaded with 3200w drivers. Same box.

And those are after market mods not remotely official or frankly, a great idea.

The last few v1's Void made don't have heatsinks on the back and are loaded with what look like (or are similar... I haven't ever compared them directly) to the drivers in the v2's. They are NOT after-market mod's, my pair came directly from Void, Brian mentioned the newer drivers cool sufficiently not to require the heatsink when I enquired once (as they were different from the rest of the v1's I had at the time..)

Looking for a new home incidently if anyone is after another pair, to many v2's to need to keep them...

Ampwise I would go for something like a QSC PL380 on the more budget end (I prefer the sound to a lot of other choices, but they are not powerful enough to get the most out of a Stasys X, does a good job still mind!), V9 / K20 if you've got the funds for, to get the most out of.  But as I'd stick with your e45 unless you find it's lacking...

m

This,

I was talking to my friend with these and I may have been wrong about the power rating. He wasn't sure and had a assumed they where the same as the rest of his mrk 1 neo's, so I could have had my wires crossed on that one.
Shadrack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadrack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2017 at 8:49pm
They sound pretty good with a e45 to be honest, I ran them on too of 4 lab horns which surprising sounded good! I just want some tops now for around £1000 to get me by for now till I fork out for some res 4s to go on top, any suggestions people, thanks for all your replys
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2017 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by Liteworks Liteworks wrote:

Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

Originally posted by Speaker Sol Speaker Sol wrote:

There are Stasys X v1 that are loaded with 3200w drivers. Same box.

And those are after market mods not remotely official or frankly, a great idea.

The last few v1's Void made don't have heatsinks on the back and are loaded with what look like (or are similar... I haven't ever compared them directly) to the drivers in the v2's. They are NOT after-market mod's, my pair came directly from Void, Brian mentioned the newer drivers cool sufficiently not to require the heatsink when I enquired once (as they were different from the rest of the v1's I had at the time..)

Looking for a new home incidently if anyone is after another pair, to many v2's to need to keep them...

Ampwise I would go for something like a QSC PL380 on the more budget end (I prefer the sound to a lot of other choices, but they are not powerful enough to get the most out of a Stasys X, does a good job still mind!), V9 / K20 if you've got the funds for, to get the most out of.  But as I'd stick with your e45 unless you find it's lacking...

m

What price you after?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12