Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What car do you drive

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 41>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2015 at 4:57pm
 Thread resurrection to show off my new toy! I picked this beastie up yesterday;

photo 002_zpsletk19p9.jpg

photo 004_zpswwqle7qa.jpg

photo 005_zpsayma5vie.jpg

All I can say is what a machine!Big smile
jammin75 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jammin75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2015 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by njw njw wrote:

is that 1.8i model ??  LOL
feel the vibes !!!   "Who Feels it Knows it"            Strong like Lion              
paulus View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2015 at 8:39pm
[URL=http://postimg.org/image/owr1lejux/][/

Old "violet" 23 year old tranny camper wicked bus only work 5 mile from home so daily driver. Lovely m5 too by the way only ever drove a 528 and that was quick so tilt must be a rocket

Edited by paulus - 28 June 2015 at 9:14pm
TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM
njw View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2015 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by jammin75 jammin75 wrote:

is that 1.8i model ??  LOL

LOLLOL
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2015 at 12:36am

One word...

NICE! LOL
sn95 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sn95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2015 at 12:47am
A Cadillac cts v
Matt.hd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt.hd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2015 at 9:00pm

Nice! Big smile

Bet it's a bit quicker than my 320d!! 

Edited by Matt.hd - 13 August 2015 at 9:10pm
LunchieTey View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LunchieTey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2015 at 2:37pm
My FJ Cruiser. Not many UK folks will have seen one as I think there's only a couple of private imports getting around. VERY VERY good offroad and nice and quirky by design(not just another wedge shaped 4WD/SUV) I love it Big smile Has had quite a few modifications since that pic was taken(Just spent another $1700Au this week alone) and fuel economy is not brilliant at around 19Mpg but thankfully I work in an oil refinery! I have a fuel card and pay nothing close to retail!

Bought my missus a Mondeo Titanium Ecoboost which is pretty nice but may trade it for a Golf Wagon R next year, or perhaps a nice A4 Wagon/Estate? 

Edited by LunchieTey - 24 September 2015 at 2:43pm
Speaker addict
mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2015 at 8:35pm
that is extremely sexy, im extremely jelous!!
''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
Walle_W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walle_W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2015 at 2:21am

Originally posted by MarjanM MarjanM wrote:

Originally posted by pfly pfly wrote:

Originally posted by Walle_W Walle_W wrote:

Originally posted by Keen Keen wrote:

@ shaun - haha gold, that's it Big smile

found this bit of BS, pretty well sums it up;
<span style="color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: Arial; font-size: 12px; line-height: 18px;">
</span>
<span style="color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: Arial; font-size: 12px; line-height: 18px;">Fact is the power delivery is so linear and the 533Nm of torque maxxing out from a low 2000rpm that it can be driven as a shopping car by Mum during the week and handed over to Dad for spirited club events on weekends.</span>

The BARRA engines will make up to 600hp all day long without having to crack them open or upgrade the turbo. Aftermarket tuners dream...

Nice, if you can keep the original turbo then i guess the yearly inspection is no problem :) (at least here in Sweden no mods except wheels and small thing like that is allowed...)

The most popular engine to tune around here is the bmw m50b25/28 unopened they get 5-700whp with a aftermarket ecu and some "respiratory assistance" :)
But the yearly inspection is a problem.. 

(Edit: Spelling)

M50B28? Does that mean there is a 2,8 liter version? Quite nice figures you are getting out of that old thing.

I'm thinking of replacing my M57TUD30's injectors with E60/E90 generation 535D/335D injectors when my car gets to 400000km, just as a pre-emptive thing to make sure no injector is going to go berserk and melt a piston or anything like that. If I changed exhaust system at the same time, I could end up around 350hp/900nm figures...

Also I have this loooong project of building second engine for my girlfriend's mini, either with Webcon 7-port head and four point injection, or with BMW K-series based DOHC conversion. With laziest, friendliest cam profiles it should make around 110 horsepowers.

Care to share more details? I dont bring my car for inspection :-) so i might try something :-). Is this doable on the 2.0lit same series engines? No need for 500hp, 250 is enough :-)

I'm very sorry for the extremly late reply..

Check out this forum http://skogenracing.editboard.com/c2-skogenracing-society big similiarties with speakerplans
Lots of entuisasts making things happen by testing and sharing experiences.
Unformatly it's in swedish but they have an english part and i think Google translate is quite good between swedish and english

Edited by Walle_W - 25 September 2015 at 2:30am
Walle_W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walle_W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2015 at 6:23am

Bought my third truck a few months ago. Got it so cheap i could not resist and tought that a spare is nice to have after a bad experience with a three week standstill last summer because of long delivery time on spare parts for the hydraulic piston on the red Volvo. A three week unplanned standstill is expensive..

This is a Volvo FH16-540 -08 with steerable tag axle! And 800000km on it so it still got some to give. i payed less than 30000€ for it and i think that only tank and compressor i(compressor for unloading, big thing. 19m3 air/min) is worth that.
New tank ~80000€, compressor ~10000€ and the compressor is replaced recently so it is almost new. A few hundred hours and they last for several thouands.

I have been sleepless tonight wondering if i made the right decision because today i abandoned my plan to have it as spare and bought a trailer for it.. (Same thing, to cheap. Could not resist)

Now i ONLY need to find a driver as good as the two i already got.. Thats What has been keeping my awake. (Don't worry, i have my week of now so i won't be driving anything without sleep ;) )

For example.
Both my local Scania and Volvo repair guys told me that i needed to replace the entire ABS/EBS system on the trailer i have behind the Scania. Price they gave me was between 3000 and 5000€ for parts and labor. Scania took ~800€ for problem searching and i wanted a second opinion so i left it to Volvo and they took ~400€ for telling me my system was unrepairable..

My driver on the Scania took a bottle of contact spray crawled under the trailer cleaned all the connectors, found a really nasty green one and a damaged cable. Suddenly cost went down to a few hours of work.. He did this on a weekend not because i told him, but because he wanted to save me some money..One afternoon he just sent me a text and a picture of the dashboard with all warningloghts off
I have bought a very nice sterero, 24-volt 3-ch amp and nice speakers for his truck for over 1000€ and he got a christmas bonus waiting for him!
This is the kind of driver that could make the difference between succes and failure

My other driver is my old boss that retired and sold the red Volvo to me. After 1 year he could not stand the retirement and wanted to work again :)
He has had a truck company since 1984. He dont to any beginners mistakes, He is still teaching me and my other driver things even tough both of us has been doing this for well ober 10years now. Listen to the old guys, they know things :)

Now i am laying here on the sofa wondering where to find a driver as good as good as the two i have.. We got a lot of work summertime driving lime to lakes (to correct the ph in the lakes) on gravel roads with 60 tons (soon 64 tons, new rules in Sweden. I only need to extend the drawbar on the Scania to get 20,2m between first and last axle, today it is 19,5m). The Volvo trailer is to short so i will "only" get it up to 62tons.
A beginner is not an option, i need somone with experience of gravel roads.

Small mistakes costs big money. I myself have been doing this since 2002 and still make still make stupid mistakes sometimes.. (To often to be honest..) Got stuck on a wet gravel road last monday, 5 hours work with heavy recovery truck. Expensive, but hey nothing broken atleast.
Forgot to turn of the antispinn and got stuck. Was just supposed to reverse down an do it the right way (antispinn off, difflock on BEFORE the road starts to go up..) but made a big fool of myself when i got to close to the edge of the road and it could not take rhe weight so got really stuck..

Spent ~5000€ reparing the diff-lock on the Scania last summer.. Drivers mistake. But i don't know and don't care if it was me, my driver or the previous owners fault, still expemsive and a drivers mistake. Probably turning on the difflock while slipping. Metal parts came out with the oil at service..

My employees drive Volvo XC70 -14 and Audi A4 ~10 and i drive a beat up V70 from -99 (recently purchased for 300€ because I have not had the time to fix my rusty 1992 Mercedes to make inspection... Normal life of a small truck-company owner :)
biotec View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biotec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2015 at 10:00am
another nice truck, still surprised see you choose 6x2 for gravel road work but if it works the margins are better I guess.

I always wondered why truck manufacturers don't put interlocks on the diff-lock so that they can't be activated above a certain speed. If the ECU can turn off the retarder below 700rpm, then for sure it can stop you using the diff-lock too.

Do you see many FMX where you are? I see a few for muck haulage work here but they're not very popular.
me so horny, me love you long throw.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 41>