Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WinISD Pro question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ-Versatile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WinISD Pro question
    Posted: 04 May 2016 at 9:54am
When modelling a box and keeping an eye on cone excursion, If i'm making a double 18" box do i have to change the power input to the rms value of both drivers together? What i mean is, i have 2 drivers rated at 1200w rms, so do I put 2400w in the system input power to get an accurate idea of individual cone excursion? or do i put 1200w in as that's the most each driver will get fed?

Thanks in advance
If you are the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room....
mobiele eenheid View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobiele eenheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2016 at 10:29am
You put in the total power the 2 drivers will see combined, each will get half that. If your amplifier delivers more than 2400 W per two drivers, you put in that number instead. Excursion-wise there shouldn't be a difference between a single 18" at 1200 W and a double 18" at 2400 W.

Don't forget to simulate a proper high pass as well, assuming you're going to use that.

Best regards
 Post Reply Post Reply