Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > X1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

X1 Data and graphs with diferent drivers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NNerdyboi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2016 at 3:43pm
Hi thanks for the response guys,but unfortunately the voids aren't available down here in SA.if i were to import anything from the UK,it would be rediculously expensive at the current exchange rate.So the voids and PD stuff is out of the question in terms of budget.Just curious to know would this GST181500 rip its cone in the x1?if not how much power would be safeExclamation?Would i be better of sticking it in a cyclops and feeding it 2kw?Sorry for the bazillion questions i just want a nice compact yet loud sub so go under some double 15's,was thinking jbl prx425 or real sound ms152.Appreciate you opinionsThumbs Up
C-Audiofreak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Audiofreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2016 at 5:53am
Build 184 subs they aren't much bigger than X1's and can be loaded with eminence drivers
NNerdyboi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NNerdyboi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2016 at 8:04pm
Another unpopular brand here buddy,never seen it on any of the local dealer sites,so im guessing i'd have to import that as wel.Here are some readily available brands:fane, beyma, celestion, p audio, rcf(expensive), peavey.Anything us/uk made is the most expensive,anything made in china and asia in general is the cheapest down here.On the 184 im not sold,it doesn't look "intimidating" and the competition might build it as wel since cheap drivers will work in it,so no bragging rights on that really Ermm.I like the x1,it just has that Angry about it.Is the motor strength of the GST181500 too low?i simmed it and got about 128db @ 1500w,not sure my input values are 100% though.did you sim it?results and verdict?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Audiofreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2016 at 8:29pm
I just went with what the majority of folk were using I didn't sim it mate but the voids have huge 5"voice coils in them and take 1000w rms but do bare in mind the box was only designed to run at 800watts rms
NNerdyboi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NNerdyboi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2016 at 8:46pm
I guess i'll have to sneak into one "barmy-army" member's lougagge and sneak into the Uk,im guessing they'll be too busy celebrating the series win over the proteas to noticeBig smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Audiofreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2016 at 9:24pm
Blue aran will ship to you
Twiggy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twiggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2016 at 9:24am
Theres a few p audio drivers that will work that are listed at the beginning of this thread
DMorison View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMorison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2016 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by Twiggy Twiggy wrote:

Theres a few p audio drivers that will work that are listed at the beginning of this thread

P Audio have revised their product range a bit since this thread started and unhelpfully, often re-used the same model no for quite different drivers, so that's not to be relied upon.
NNerdyboi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NNerdyboi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2016 at 3:02pm
Hi audiofreak,just checked the price and with shipping,customs and vat,can you believe its about the same as the cost of a jbl prx418sShocked.@ twiggy problem is the older drivers are not available,just the new weak stuffUnhappy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Audiofreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2016 at 5:46pm
I contacted P-Audio to see what they reccomend and they said they don't make a suitable driver any more for this box blue aran reccomended the oberton 18 1500xb but that driver would require more power than my amps can give so everyone else I know uses the void V-18 1000 though apparently RCF make a driver that works well
highlander_S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote highlander_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2016 at 9:21pm
i put an oberton 1500xb in my x1 and di not get a flat response by any measure, wierd peaks around 60/70 and not the best low end response. put a void v-18 in it and the difference was phenomenal. side not is that i was only giving the obertons a theoretical 1400w a side...but that was from a bridged and clipped c audio xr3801
all bass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote all bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2016 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by highlander_S highlander_S wrote:

i put an oberton 1500xb in my x1 and di not get a flat response by any measure, wierd peaks around 60/70 and not the best low end response. put a void v-18 in it and the difference was phenomenal. side not is that i was only giving the obertons a theoretical 1400w a side...but that was from a bridged and clipped c audio xr3801

6TH order bandpass cabs are very picky for drivers. Slightly different TSP can mean that the front and back chambers are completely off causing peaks and dips in the response.
https://www.instagram.com/my_modular_journey/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617>