Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > X1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

X-tro with x1

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Audiofreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X-tro with x1
    Posted: 28 September 2014 at 7:28pm
Hi guys after almost completing my first pair of X1 subs (additional pair to come) I'm at a crossroads now do I build two pairs of xtro cabs or 8 hd15 cabs and two pairs of mt102? Which would fare best if I build the xtro cabs I would potentially have 8 15" on the kicks and four mid horns on the mid plus four comp drivers on the top end I would use less ply so would save on that and storage would take less space plus it would all be in one simple box I'm sure although they look complex they cannot be that difficult to build any advice great fully recieved
C-Audiofreak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Audiofreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2014 at 8:13pm
Ok after checking the driver cost for the xtro cabs I can build four hd horns for the cost of the bass section of one xtro think I will go with that but for mid top would x12 or 15 work with the x1 and hd? Or would I need to frig about with delay etc...?
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2014 at 11:16pm
If yout tops are of the "X" range your gonna need to delay them anyway. And X12 will work just as well as an X15. I have a pair of X10s and they are plenty loud.

If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
 Post Reply Post Reply