Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

yamaha P7000S

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: yamaha P7000S
    Posted: 23 November 2008 at 1:37am

does any one know if the yamaha P7000s are good for (70hz......20khz ) i know they are not good on sub bass

IF SO HAS ANY ONE GOT TWO FULLY WORKING ONE'S for sale & ps: remember we are in a recesion!!! so lets have a nice priceWink
IT WILL BE A GOOD SESSION
Rengade Project View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rengade Project Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2008 at 11:10am
There is a wanted section.
MUSIC SWEET,www.myspace.com/renegadeproject
flyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2008 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by Rengade Project Rengade Project wrote:

There is a wanted section.

thanks for your help but i did ask a question first ? basicaly what i am saying is if the yamaha p7000s cant play 70hz comfortably i dont want it

read below

"does any one know if the yamaha P7000s are good for (70hz......20khz ) i know they are not good on sub bass"
Conanski View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conanski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2008 at 3:54pm
I have a P7000 that I use for subs and it works great... blows away every other amp I have owned. Of course it also produces more output so this isn't surprising.

I think you need to explain how you're gonna use it.  What load will it be driving? How hard it will it be pushed? I have never heard of an audio amp that couldn't pass the whole audio spectrum so your question is puzzling without more info. And yes I do realize that some amps are less suitable to extreme duty, but in most cases this extreme use is beyond the design intent anyways.
flyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2008 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by Conanski Conanski wrote:

I think you need to explain how you're gonna use it.  What load will it be driving? How hard it will it be pushed? I have never heard of an audio amp that couldn't pass the whole audio spectrum so your question is puzzling without more info. And yes I do realize that some amps are less suitable to extreme duty, but in most cases this extreme use is beyond the design intent anyways.
reason i ask is because ive seen written on here that the yamaha p7000s are crap on sub & that the behringer ep2500 would be a better choice for sub but i wont be using the yamaha p7000s for sub it would be for low mids/high bass or high mids i know they are good for high mids but not sure about the lower fq 
tweeter box View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tweeter box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2008 at 4:12pm
IMO yamaha are CRAP on heavy sub duty! not really had experience with that particular model but;

i used a CS3000 to drive 2x 18" Fane on bass and the amp was lightly clipping all night
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2008 at 2:20pm
I can assure you that P7000 amps are useless for driving bass or sub--great for mid/hi cabinets or monitors but I would never even plug one into 15" or 18" cabinets--they really are that bad.
We bought 12 of them to completely power one of our new hire systems a while ago as we got a really good deal on them but after a nightmare first week with them which we were blaming on phasing problems with the new speaker cabinets we finally realised that it was the amps that were the problem---As soon as we used some of our old Electrovoice P2000 amps to drive the 2x18 subs and 2x15" horns, the bass and sub "came alive"
We have A-B tested P7000 amps loads of time since with most other amps on the market and have only found one amp that is worse than them for driving bottom end---That is the Crown XTi4000.  
flyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2008 at 5:27pm
thanks robbo you have just saved me some money, ive had a few offers for the p7000s but will wait for some better amps reason i was looking at the yamaha was power, weight & price
Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2008 at 10:57am
Yes--But do not discount them as a totally useless amp as they are really superb on mid/hi or monitor duty just no good on bottom end----We have quite a few of them now and they have been totally reliable, quite light in weight and built to Yamaha's usual high standard so I am not saying that they are a totally crap amp---You just have to use them for the right application.
dlyxover View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dlyxover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2008 at 11:51am
I used for of these this weekend, they are good of tops and mons and ok on bass (I was was using them on a 15+2 top and 2x15 push pull subs) they dont like 2ohm loads, protects straight away.
But saying that the day after i used that yamaha rack on mons (8way mix) and one of them overheated and took out the 15 on one of our wedges
flyer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2008 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by Robbo Robbo wrote:

Yes--But do not discount them as a totally useless amp as they are really superb on mid/hi or monitor duty just no good on bottom end----We have quite a few of them now and they have been totally reliable, quite light in weight and built to Yamaha's usual high standard so I am not saying that they are a totally crap amp---You just have to use them for the right application.
i like an amp that can be used as an all rounder if anything goes wrong on the night meaning if a amp went down in a certain fq band  i could move an amp up or down the fq range to get through the night it wouldnt have to be perfect in its range but decent & if the yamaha's cant do bass or sub even at a low power for me they are no good
Conanski View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conanski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2008 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by dlyxover dlyxover wrote:

they dont like 2ohm loads, protects straight away.
  Well yeah.. they're not rated for 2ohm operation.

Edited by Conanski - 27 November 2008 at 3:21pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>