Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Yamaha PX series amps

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yamaha PX series amps
    Posted: 17 March 2017 at 11:31am
Has anyone used them? They are doing a 4 for the price of three at the moment. I am looking at the PX10. I doubt it gives the stated 1200w. However, I am not looking for megga power just an good sounding amp for Live and DJ pre recorded. Sound and reliable are the two main.
Thanks for any opinions.
Speaker Sol View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speaker Sol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2017 at 1:23pm
Hi, 

I was a small bit interested in these amps. 

I emailed Yamaha to find out if they feature PFC and what the peak current draw was like. 

Wasn't expecting much from them in terms of a reply, but got even less. A link to the manual, which obviously I had already read. Clearly they didn't bother to read past the first line of my email. 

I couldn't be bothered with dealing with Yamaha after that.

QSC have a similarly priced DSP based amp. They look a bit better and have a lot more information regarding the spec. Still little in the way of user feedback. 

doller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2017 at 1:54pm
I agree that info is really sparse. That is why I was asking. Never the less I took the plung and bought three. Got one free so four plus a free ultradrive with the points that I stacked up. So, What do I think.? I am very very happy with my new amps. The dsp is just fantastic. I have no need for the ultradrive. So easy to navigate and all that I need. I have xti amps and it always says DSP OFF.
Thease are not a bass amp. But I didn't expect it to be it's Japanese. I think that they do sound very good for the price. I was running old QSC's b4 and I think that they match them. I also looked at the qsc equvilent. Just went with my gut and not atall sorry. For me at this point they are perfect. I was trying to buy an European brand but didn't happen and very happy it didn't they would of had no dsp. I can run 3 px10's off one 20amp breaker at 100v near clip no worries. Also they look ok. I do doubt the specs but Yamaha are very clear it's a 20ms burst.
Speaker Sol View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speaker Sol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2017 at 3:00pm
Glad they worked out for you.

How much warranty do they come with?

Edited: auto correct.

Edited by Speaker Sol - 03 April 2017 at 3:01pm
doller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2017 at 11:06pm
I don't know standard one year I guess. You won't get much more in Japan without paying for it. I hope they go the distance fingers xst. Yamaha always seem ok if you don't rag them.
I bought thease because I am getting more and more live acoustic kinda stuff. So megga sub is pointless. Also When the promoter looks at my racks he will be happy. Before it was a bit vintage. bullshit baffels brains and all that. One point on the sub they do hit the lows just not very hard.
unclejam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unclejam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2017 at 6:33pm
Hey Doller How are these  Working for you? I'm looking at the Px8's and Px3's to power my Smt-212's and kick bins.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic