Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

10" +1, my first build.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingkwak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 10" +1, my first build.
    Posted: 14 March 2011 at 10:11pm

First off I would like to thank all who have knowingly or not helped with getting me this far. Without this site I would of bought a set of cabs by now, and wishing that I had spent more (I still might).

My Idea of having a compact system that can also deal with conference pa hire sounded good until I found out that most 10" cabs under £500 are not worth a w**k.  12" cabs became a thought but size and looks for conference stuff became an issue, so back to the build idea. I have retro fitted cabs in the past but for what I need them for now, spend or build is the option as I am after 6 cabs in total.
 Well build it is then as I should be able to do all 6 cabs for the cost of 2, and am learning all the way.
 Firstly, having retro fitted cabs in the past I want to use the top end and xovers from these to help with cost.
 Secondly, this narrows down the choice of driver a bit but not to bad. My own choice came down to between p-audio, fane and eminence.
 Thirdly, how do I go about designing somthing like this when I only have limited practical dealings in this field

Well, after lots of reading, downloading and generally spending what feels like to long on the internet, I have managed the first set of plans this weekend and finaly had to spend some money on ply, fixings and tools for the prototype.
 The final plans will be worked on over the next week and at the same time will start the prototype, wich will be used to test my short list of drivers with different ports will be started.

To much power? NEVER.
 Post Reply Post Reply